Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Check out this doe with no tail that showed up on our trail cam. Think it was a coyote?

Old 09-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that's pretty wild. I'm sure something ate it's tail. She also has a big patch on her hind quarters that looks like it's probably the same incident as the tail. That's great that she has a fawn. She's obviously healthy. I'm amazed it's still in spots.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

That's why I don't shoot any does until gun season here. Even then they still have the fawns hanging out with them. I have to make sure they are old enough to leave mom before I shoot each time. I shot a doe last Nov 19th that still had milk in her. I couldn't believe it. I felt bad until I saw her 2 button buck walk by my stand. They were old enough.

Here is a picture of her...

Old 09-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Well it's Wed evening, 2 more days and then the weekend. Who's hunting on Team Quite Arrow this weekendand what's your hunting set up going to be?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Well my bow's only 60#, and I never think of my shoulder position. I just hold it out there, relaxed and not locked out, and I can shoot all day (well not quite). I can't shoot back tension yet (I really never tried for very long) but I try to squeeze not punch the trigger, while pulling through with my back.

I have a pic from last week (about Friday) where I think it was a spotted fawn. Two other fawns I see are bigger. One has little buttons and is a little smaller than another doe fawn.

I also have pictures of a little buck with a big cyst or tumor or something on the hind leg

And howcome the fast reply never works?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be in the woods Friday about 4 PM and then back out Saturday. It's supposed to be in the 80's!!!

Some people either let their shoulder creep up above a locked position or extend their shoulder out due to draw length being too long. Either way the form breaks down and there will be a lot of inconsistency in your shooting.

Post the pictures please.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats crazy that deer tail is missing, must have been attacked by something, probally a yote, or maybe it was born without one [:-]

What do you guys think this one will score?...back in the day this one would be in trouble if he walked under my tree. i know there are bigger ones in the area, but i cant seem to get any pics of them.

Im going to try and post an arieal photo of the area im hunting and maybe i could get some input on some potential stands sites.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

Big body for a spike. Score 20-25.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

bump
Old 09-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wont be hunting until October 13th.It can't get here soon enough!
Good luck to you guy's who are able to be out there.Be safe,have fun,put the big one on the ground!

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.