Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team 19 Thread

Sounds like fun Dave, have a great time. 12,000 acres to hunt sound awesome. I hope you get some doves.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

I think I'll dove hunt a little too. For us it opens sept 1. So does goose.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Go for it. I heard they are really good on the grill wrapped in bacon with a jalepeno in between stuck on with a toothpick.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like team 5 is on the board. Do we have any Sep hunter's on our team?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

September 15 here for deer. Dove comes in this Saturday and so does goose. We are thinking about going for goose maybe too. Teal also comes in the same day as archery.

Over the past 3 weeks it seemed like my arrows kept getting lower and lower every time I shot and that I kept having to move my peep up and my sights. So, Sunday I decided to replace my center sering because it was coming apart a little. Well, I measured my nocks for my D-loop and my bottom nock was 13" from my lower speed nocks. This seemed really odd to me so I found my info from the last time and my bottom nock was at 12.125" from the lower speed nocks. My D-loop has sid up almost an inch in less than a month!!!!

So, I replaced my center serving and put my square on the string and placed my lower nock 12" from the speed nock which put my arrow 1/8" above center and had to wait until today to shoot to check everything out.

So, I shot my 50 yd pin at 4 yds and had to adjust my sight back to where it used to be and still ahd a left issue. Here, my QAD had moved to the left about 1/16". However, the barrel didnt' move at all. The steel rod that the flipper screws too has somehow slid out about 1/16".

So, I corrected this issue and here is my results at 35 yds. Check out my nock!!! I'm also going to post some pics from MDBUCKHUNTER and I'd 3D shoot too. Instead of taking wide open shots and also trying to get 12 ring shots we tried for good kill shots.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:41 PM

That was a good time Dave. Thanks again.

Next time are we going to buy some recurves and 4 dozen arrows to shoot 4 arrows each per target? [:@]
Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys,

I'm going to create a thread on the bowhunting called baltimore bowmen shoot and post the other pictures.

Josh,

It's always a good time shooting with you buddy. We are getting more on every time.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

September 15 here for deer. Dove comes in this Saturday and so does goose. We are thinking about going for goose maybe too. Teal also comes in the same day as archery.

Over the past 3 weeks it seemed like my arrows kept getting lower and lower every time I shot and that I kept having to move my peep up and my sights. So, Sunday I decided to replace my center sering because it was coming apart a little. Well, I measured my nocks for my D-loop and my bottom nock was 13" from my lower speed nocks. This seemed really odd to me so I found my info from the last time and my bottom nock was at 12.125" from the lower speed nocks. My D-loop has sid up almost an inch in less than a month!!!!

So, I replaced my center serving and put my square on the string and placed my lower nock 12" from the speed nock which put my arrow 1/8" above center and had to wait until today to shoot to check everything out.

So, I shot my 50 yd pin at 4 yds and had to adjust my sight back to where it used to be and still ahd a left issue. Here, my QAD had moved to the left about 1/16". However, the barrel didnt' move at all. The steel rod that the flipper screws too has somehow slid out about 1/16".

So, I corrected this issue and here is my results at 35 yds. Check out my nock!!! I'm also going to post some pics from MDBUCKHUNTER and I'd 3D shoot too. Instead of taking wide open shots and also trying to get 12 ring shots we tried for good kill shots.

Ditto on dates here. What do are you talking bout speed nocks? I never have problems with things moving. Good luck with that.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

The speed nocks didn't move. My entire center serving slid up about an inch. It was my first effort at doing center serving and I didn't pull the ends as tight as I should have and the serving worked loose far enough to allow the slide. all is good now though.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Oh so you did your own center serving and had to redo it. And these speed nocks are..?

Aren't they just weights near the cams that supposedly speed it up? How?

And, do you like your treelimb? I need a good quiver.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.