Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team 19 Thread

I wanted to look at the pics of the deer from last year's contest and who got them, where do I find that?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys im back i just got in from scouting tonight i saw 3 does 2 fawns and one buck that was a real trophy it had one side with 4 points and then the other side was warped and only had 3 points before the main beam curled down like a fishhook almost to the bucks head it probably wouldve scored 90" but anyways dave i know were evans ny is i shoot 3d there its about 30 min away im actually going to shoot there tommorow by the way jennan i like the avatars your making for us

Nate
Old 08-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,

There was a link somewhere. Shoot Rob/PA Boyer a PM and I'm sure he can help you out.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are team is a little too quiet.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

What would you like to talk about.I am always checking in.I don't always have the time to post.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

how about we start a feild log of the deer we see when scouting stand locations were developingand stuff like archery shoots that would be pretty cool
Old 08-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting you've done lately, scouting. funny stuff at work. I'm up for anything.

If we do not hear from the other 2 peopleI contacted byMonday we are going to go with the cool avatar that Jenna (KYDeerHunter03) made for us. Is that good for everyone? If i had the ability the scene that is stuck in my head i think would be so cool for our avatar. Here's my rough sketch. lol

Old 08-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great idea Nate. I wonder if we need another thread for that?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I may have mentioned that I had a bear or bears damage one of my trail cams.I will be putting them out again with an improvised strap on one of them (thanks yogi!).I have been shooting a couple times a week and will try to get a third practice session in.I have a 16 year old nephew who would like to get in to bow hunting.I am pretty enthused about having him practice with me and set stands.I am intending to set a number of stands where I have two stands in the same tree,so we can both be up in the tree.I will have to preach about scent control.I would like to take him into area's where errors aren't as critical.I definitely don't want to blow a big buck out of an area by having twice the intrusion in their area.We will see how that unfolds,he is a good kid though and I like the thought of spending the time with him.
My wife and daughter are keeping me updated on the deer that they are seeing in the fields on the road by the house.No "good" bucks have been seen in the vicinity,plenty of doe's and fawns.Most of our area is just not that open so it is really hard to tell what bucks are in the area.
I will be covering a lot of ground from now until the opener (10/15) scouting old and new area's, moving trail camera's around,setting some stands now and waiting for pictures or rubs and scrapes to set up others.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scot,

I believe that's the first you mentioned about the bear. Of course, I'm in my own world lately. That's pretty neat. It's even cooler that you are introducing your nephew into the bowhunting community.

Last night one of the guys i shoot with brought his teenage cousin to the range to shoot his new Redhead Krypik for the first time. It's amazing watching a new archer shoot and go through the things you are not supposed to do and then find yourself doing them when you shoot. The not gripping the bow before the shot is a big one.

He did pretty good for his first time and even went out onto the 3D range with us and gave it a whirl. He was enthusiastic and even wanted to shoot at 40 yds even though we told him to practice at 20 and 30 tops until he gets his form down.

One of the hunting magazines listed the Eastern Shore of MD as one of the sleeper spots for B&C deer. The good newsI found out last night is that the land that i got my buck on will be all to my brother andI this year. The guy's son will be out to sea and won't be hunting. this property had bucks that make mine look like a fork small deer.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.