Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 19-Official Team 19 Thread

Im serious. It will be a good spot.

Now the deer seem to be hanging around all the nearby corn, bean, and hay fields. It was the same way lastyear; when I just started hunting it, there was nothing. But then suddenly there were deer and sign all over. The bucks come because there are does, plus deer funnel through the area.

Edit: I didn't know season opened that early anywhere.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you have a solid spot. I sometimes hate scouting in the summer because the bucks start to change routs in the Fall. Finding the funnels and learning from the previous hunts.

I didn't think so myself. I thought it was the end of this month for some states.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: badger109

Im serious. It will be a good spot.

Now the deer seem to be hanging around all the nearby corn, bean, and hay fields. It was the same way lastyear; when I just started hunting it, there was nothing. But then suddenly there were deer and sign all over. The bucks come because there are does, plus deer funnel through the area.
Woops I thought you first said "i can't imagine why ..."

Edit: Has anyone ever heard of 'tech 9' strings? One local dealer suggested them. Gibblets is probably pretty busy.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a problem.

I've never heard of them. My shop swears by Winner's Choice. Can't your shop reserve the end for this season? You can even buy serving equipment and serve your own if it is only the serving itself and no damage to the string.

That guy got his deer in South Carolina. they have sections that opened-up this past weekend for hunting.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

Neither have I. They said they were better than zebra, but not as good (or expensive) as wc (which they also carry).

Another shop sells vapor trail. Do you know anything about them?

THe string is old and crappy anyway. Its the string that came with it. It has a little nic in one strand and is a little frayed in places. The center serving is a little worn too.

Im sick of twisting peep sites and I'm sick of the noisy tubes. Mine was pulling to the right from the cable anyway and it really bothered me.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vapor Trail makes a good string as does Winners Choice. If you do have the time, Gibblet is the way to go. I have had John make a few string and cable sets for me and they are top notch.

Shane
Old 08-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vapor Trail makes a good string as does Winners Choice. If you do have the time, Gibblet is the way to go. I have had John make a few string and cable sets for me and they are top notch.

Shane
Old 08-21-2007, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shane,

I didn't know you could stutter on-line. You posted the same thing twice.

Vapor Trail are supposed to be pretty good and you supposedly pick-up speed with them.

WC's are the only strings that offer a warranty for the Cam wear and separation that occurs on the Matthews. Zebra doesn't even do that and they make the strings for them. From what I've bene told they have about the worst strings out there. I think that's whythe WC'sare worth the extra money and they will last a few years even with a lot of shooting.

Even with those strings you have to train the peep. However, no tube is needed after training.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have winners choice cables and string.I was having peep rotation on Sunday when I was shooting.So I was debating as to whether to have the peep slightly off but have it be consistent,or twist the string every so often so the peep would line up perfectly straight.
I believe I am going to attempt to train the string.I hate not having the peep like up perfectly straight. I do like the Winners Choice because of the absence of string stretch.I want my draw length not to move at all for my style of shooting and the type of release I use.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

I prefercordovan personally.

Unlike the girls on your team we do not need a tough sounding name to feel more like big hunters. The deer we'll be posting will talk for us!!
David .... oh no you didn't call my boys .... girls! Dem's fightin' words ..... I'm callin' Uncle Tootch ...he'll take care of evythin

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.