Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team 19 Thread

I've been watching our 6 month old all morning while my wife and older girls are helping host a baby shower.She just fell asleep in the swing so I'm going to read the Outdoor Life magazine that just came in the mail. Nice buck on the cover! I'll be going to church in the morning and then will spend the afternoon shooting my new buck target tomorrow. I live 5 minutes from work so starting Monday I'll be shooting on my lunch breaks 2-3 days a week and weekends. My evenings are pretty busy.

What is everyone's hunting set up? Does everyone have a place picked out to go? I have a friend who has a lease I'll be going to. Stands are already up and we went out last weekend and did some work, moved stands and cut shooting lanes. Now its just practice, practice, practice from here.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

hey ladys guess whos back loli just arrived home from the family cabin where we were working on some logging and stand setting and man i found the best spot in the woods its in an old apple orchard that been grown over with oak trees with multiple trail running through it and a nice creek crossing its looks like the spot but you never know
Old 08-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my bow for a while on Saturday with broadheads at my 3D target. My allergies were bothering me in the morning and everything was a little crosseyed while trying to aim. So, I had to shoot with my left eye closed for a little until my right eye took over enough t oopen my left.

Boy was I shooting off until that got straightened out.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey I hope that turns out to be a productive spot for you! It sounds like a lot of the ingredients are there.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot this afternoon for quite a while,to long actually,I should have stopped when my groups started to open up.I was getting some peep rotation,which was messing me up a bit.I shotdecent but as I said I should have packed it in earlier.
Yesterday I pulled a game cam and saw a bear on the way in to where the camera was.I watched the bear for about ten minutes,and let it work itself away from me.It is neat to watch them just mosey around.I am glad I had the wind and didn't spook it.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

woah sorry Ive been ignoring hn...
so fill me in w/ what's happening.

I've been playing with my bow trying to get it tuned up good, and I decided I definately need a new string (though it's a little late!) after I noticed the serving on the string in the cam was somehow split. The cables seem ok but I should probably replace those too. time to drop gibblets a pm.

Better get all that stuff done, the season's fast approaching!

Well my honey hole isn't lookin so hot yet. Not much sign yet and only the same same couple does and a fawn that I've had all summer on the cam. but dont you worry the action will pick up come oct/nov. I may explain some other time. Last year there was a 120-130 that I saw multiple times but couldn't get a shot, and I settled on a 100" last year.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

ok w/e

my area is kind of hard to explain.
Its about 15 acres along a creek with a pond. Its pretty swampy, most of it. Bordered on two sides by subdivisions. Other than that the area is kind of woodsy but there are also houses. There are corn and soybean fields about a half mile any direction. The area really doesn't hold deer too well. There's really not a ton of forage. People from the subdivisions always trespass and walk their dogs around the pond and such.

It really comes alive during october and novemember. There are lots of rubs and I regularly saw four or five bucks and many does last year. It's a great funnel.

The reason I explain this is because there is a 50yd clearing and a pretty wide path that I would like to plant next year. I know it's not much. What i want is something that will hold the deer after rut like but also appeal to deer before.

I jsut want some advice. spring or fall? clovers, chicory, brassica, a mix of all of them? etc

Edit: team name - Juggernauts. Meh, Its the best I could come up with. Whoops too late anyway.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scot,

That's pretty cool about the bear. In 24 yrs of hunting and even more years in the woods I've never seen a bear in the woods of PA where i hunt. My dad will tell me about seeing a bear and ask me if I saw it when we'd get together at the end of a hunt and I'd always tell him now.

Jarrod,

I can see why that place would pick-up later on. Especially when the rut starts. Deer are still on their feeding patterns right now. I was watching a show about hunter's Specialties and they see a wide variety of food plot stuff. you might want to contact them and they can recommend the best choice.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jarrod,

I just realized that you are finally checking in. Sorry about that man. Welcome to team Quiet Arrow. As you can see everyone is pumped and ready for this seaon.

It looks like everyone has been shooting and getting ready for the season. I've done very little scouting so far this year but still feel good about the year. Most of the areas I'm hunting i've hunted there before and have a good idea about where to set-up. Even if I don't get a deer i seem to have a nack for finding bucks.

My dad once told me jokingly thatI should give up actually trying to shoot a buck and become a guide after my first 3 years of archery seeing big bucks and coming home empty handed. That jinx seems to be gone though.

i just put in a request for an avatar from ryanallen. Let's see what he comes up with.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I need some ideas for our team logo!!!

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.