Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread >

8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 PM

Default RE: 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Crap!!!! Camp has me hoppin here lately and I've been sick the last few days, so I haven't been on the computer much. This is the last week camp is open.....final guests leave on Saturday. THEN......IT'S TIME TO WACK A CANADIAN MONSTER!!!!!!!

I'll start hunting next week, but may not get into it hard for another couple. Gotta put things away around here and get it ready for winter. After that, I'll hunt almost every day for the next couple months.

Good luck to all!!!!! Kill a monster!!!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:54 PM

Can you guys keep it down in here? I've had a few complaints from the other teams that we are making too much noise and they can't sleep at night![8D]

I'll be heading out in a few days to kick off my deer season!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

They can't sleep now? Just wait 'til we open the can o' whoop arse. It will be deafening. (or so I hope) [8D]

Monday is the opener here. I plan on being out both in the morning and evening. It will be warm but not as hot as it's been. It will be interesting to see how many other hunters will be out. Last year there were 75 hunters on the property on opening day. (and it's not that big)

Old 09-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Opening day here in PA was pretty dead. I say the same doe with her 2 fawns in the morning and evening hunt.
I can't wait to go to our lease in Ohio. We're leaving Thursday after work to hunt Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Goodluck to you on Monday Christine. My father and I had a lease in IL for 5 years. I can't say I've ever experience that amount of hunters even on opening day of firearm season.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:04 AM

I'll be out tomorrow morning!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

No deer for me on opening day. I did see three bucks in the morning. Saw several does in the evening. Nothing close enough for a shot.

The sign-in sheets were messed up at the publichunting area but from what I could tell, there were 50-60 hunters out there today. [:-] (or 25-30 who came back twice)
Old 10-04-2007, 12:02 PM

well guys i shot a big mature doe on tuesday havent seen any bucks tho
Old 10-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the doe!

I went out Tuesday evening and yesterday evening. Saw a neurotic little doe on Tuesday. She passed by at 15-20 yards and then a little while later she almost walked right under my stand. It was really windy and all hickory nuts, walnuts and acorns falling made the woods pretty noisy. I didn't hear her until she was 3 yards away. I looked down, she looked up, her eyes bugged out. Pretty funny. She ran off about 40 yards and tried to figure out what was in the tree.

Wednesday, some deer got revenge on me. I didn't see anything while in the stand 'cept for a tiny (like 3lb) raccoon kit and some squirrels. At dark I climbed down and was getting my climber all tied up. It seemed dead quiet in the woods, the only noise was my clinking with the stand. Suddenly from close behind me a deer gives a super strength blow. I just about jumped out of my skin.

I shook my fist at the unseen, sneaky deer and vowed revenge. [8D]
Old 10-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohio season started last week but I stayed here in WV. Too hot to hunt with temps in the low to mid 80's. I was going to try it this week but temps are going to be in the upper 80's to lower 90's. Not to mention the blue tongue that's going around with the drought and hot weather. WV squirrel season starts Saturday and I'm going to skip that to....that will be the first time since I could hunt on my own that I won't be out on opening day of wv hunting season. But it looks like some rain is coming in Monday and the temps are supposed to drop off to normal WV oct weather after that. So I maybe out for WV opener, then headed to Ohio the week after if everything stays cool.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

I guess I'll have to be 1st for the Team to get us on Board.
I took this on Friday morning the 5th at 7:25AM in Ohio on a day that got up to 89 degrees. Thank God for cool mornings. I had to watch him for 20 minutes at 15 yards before I could squeeze off a shot through a 6" hole.

Quick Reply: 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.