2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

41-Official Team Rut Junkies

Old 12-15-2007, 08:05 AM

Default RE: 41-Official Team Rut Junkies

ORIGINAL: kshunter

I had the last 2 days off work, because of the icestorm that went through the area. It's caused more destruction that I've ever seen this county experience in my life! Probably 90% of my tree's have 50% or more damage. Looks literallylike a tornado went through, but without damage to buildings. I'll be planting a lot of new windbreaks this Spring. Still out of power since Monday.

But I was able to go out bow hunting yesterday, but it was pretty tough with all the ice. Saw a little buck and 3 doe's. Checked the game cameras that Iput outout last Friday Evening, and had lots of deer pictures.8 different bucks in 5 days(3 shooters).They're definately herding up for the winter in the same spot they always do.Hopefully the ice willhave a chance to melt soon. I'll be out there again this weekend.

We suffered through a terrible ice storm last year in October and it was sureal to see FEMA trucks rollingaround and the devastation was heart breaking.

Hang in there man.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry about not checking in but taxidermy business is nuts right now. Today was crap, cold and rainy and windy.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

iam back guys. Had a great time in florida, it was 80 degrees every day, hope to get in some hunting after christmas.Will keep in touch
Old 12-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah, rub it in would ya hope you had a great trip and good luck in the woods.
ORIGINAL: crazedbowhunter

iam back guys. Had a great time in florida, it was 80 degrees every day, hope to get in some hunting after christmas.Will keep in touch
Old 12-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still no deer here. Will give it a try on Saturday again. Last weekend I actually saw quite a few deer, but they were already out in the fields in the early afternoon. Saw the double-droptine buck again (3rd time), but he has already shed one of his antlers. But there were also 3-4 other bucks. Hopefully they're moving as good on Saturday.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

already shed!!! man they dont even think of doing that here until late feb. early march. if you find the shed we will enter it in the contest [8D]

Still no deer here. Will give it a try on Saturday again. Last weekend I actually saw quite a few deer, but they were already out in the fields in the early afternoon. Saw the double-droptine buck again (3rd time), but he has already shed one of his antlers. But there were also 3-4 other bucks. Hopefully they're moving as good on Saturday.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:35 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

already shed!!! man they dont even think of doing that here until late feb. early march. if you find they shed we will enter it in the contest [8D]

Wife had to stop at the bow shop for me. The owner said he had a buck come by last weekthat had shedded both sides and was almost all healed over.I haven't seen any shedded bucks yet but it is not too uncommon for a few to drop in December if we get snow and cold early which we have this year.

Joey

Good luck hunting !!

Tim
Old 12-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree, but man are they hard to find this time of the year My son found one in Jan. once, that is the earliest between both of us, i have found two other sheds from that same buck since then, we have never seen him or got pics, we call him the ghost, he is a 160's brute.
ORIGINAL: TJF

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

already shed!!! man they dont even think of doing that here until late feb. early march. if you find they shed we will enter it in the contest [8D]

Wife had to stop at the bow shop for me. The owner said he had a buck come by last weekthat had shedded both sides and was almost all healed over.I haven't seen any shedded bucks yet but it is not too uncommon for a few to drop in December if we get snow and cold early which we have this year.

Joey

Good luck hunting !!

Tim
Old 12-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

Will be able ot hunt in 2 days!Been seeing a buck where i hunt around 4:30pm everytime i am back there, hope to get him on the 26thMerry Christmas everyone!!
Old 12-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you had a joyful day
Crazed, good luck with the buck glad your still at it!!

Quick Reply: 41-Official Team Rut Junkies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.