Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 12- Official Team Silent Assassins Thread >

12- Official Team Silent Assassins Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

12- Official Team Silent Assassins Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 12- Official Team 12 Thread

Good news guys!!!

Since i havent been able to get out many evenings, and scout or mornings, i went for a walk around 130 today and i found a bunch of scrapes by one of the places i was thinking about hunting... What do you guys think, should i hang a stand and see how it goes or go to the sorta close to a "foot plot" area i have set up??? let me know what you guys think your opinion matters the most to me, And GREAT pictures buddy.
Ryan.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would definately hunt the food source in the early season. Scrapes this time of the don't mean a whole lot. Try not to set up right on top of your food plot. Set up back in the woods a catch them before they come to the plot. The Bucks will hang back in the woods alot longer than the Doe's will before they hit the food plot. It don't take long for the Bucks to know its that time of the year again. Don't over hunt your stand either. You will burn the spot out. Also a mature Doe is as smart or smarter than a buck. Don't let them figure you out. I hope this helps and don't stop asking questions. You have some verygood hunters on our team and fourm. Be Safe

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep exactly what hachetjack said!!!! You will be surprisedhow much those big boys hang back early in the season!!!! Walt
Old 08-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

problem with that is my "food plot" diddnt grow so its got a little clover down on the ground not more than an inch long and someone shot a ground hog up there today that was eating i guess, and my food plot is maybe 5 yards wide 60 yards long... ive never accully figured out how long it was, Anyhow, im gonna give it a shot, the only way to hunt by the food plot is to use a climber cant leave stands in the woods where i hunt people are ........ well their not good people lets leave it at that, so they would get stolen.... Gimmie some feed back on the new Info. Thanks

Ryan.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a nice set of hardwoods to hunt take a walk with a good set of binoculars and find some acorn trees. Glass the top of the trees to see if they have acorns growing. Red oaks are good White oaks are GOLD. If you find White oak trees you will find Whitetails. When the acorns start falling the deer will be there sucking them upThe deer will eat the red oak acorns when all the whites are gone. The reds are sour bitter taste the white are sweet. Take a bite out of each you will see what I mean. The reds[:'(]the whitesConcentrate on OAK trees and you will find deer!!! Dem Hogs you have out there in Central Pa will be sucking up them acorns too. They can be a problem[:@]Eradicate DEM HOGS!!!!!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive never seen any hogs, there are a ton of White Oaks in the hardwoods i hunt, problem being in these hardwoods there are A holes who ride their 4-wheelers all the time, tried everything i know so i'm gonna try this spot with the scrapes, there are oak trees, gotta look see what type they are (red or white oaks)

Ryan.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:14 PM

Wow thats some neat info hatchet, never knew that. Then again there arent many oaks where i hunt, mostly poplars and pines and spruces where i am but still good to know. Im glad that the hog plague hasnt really reached up here. There are a few hogs in some areas but not that many, our biggest problem still is yotes.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

our biggest problem still is yotes.
What the heck are "yotes"

Ryan.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:37 PM

Sorry coyotes. Big pest around here yet they still wont let us bait them or use electronic calls for them.[:@]
Old 08-27-2007, 12:10 PM

Here are a few more scouting pics, cant go after these guys untill Sept 5th though.

Quick Reply: 12- Official Team Silent Assassins Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.