Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread >

38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Bartender

Default RE: 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Yeah I often wonder myself Dave.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

im not callin ne onea liar but [>:]..... ahh well if some other dont score an we get close i prolly wont even waste time puttin it in...
Old 12-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

Hi team

Boy it's been cold the past couple weeks. It was -14 F yesterday morning and all this cold weather really has them hitting the food sources!
I glassed this guy last week limping around, not sure what happened to him. But this evening he came by my stand and I passed on him, but as I watched him limping around I figured he'd probably end up coyote chow this winter so I decided to take him. But to get a shot off when it's calm out and this cold when your dressed like the Michelin man, did I mention he was only 12 yds from my stand.
Let me tell you it's not easy, you really have to make sure your string is clear of everything, hand muff included!
I shot him with my old reliable gator xp 100, that 2" cut sure wipes them out. the arrow passed though his lungs and he ran out into the field about 50 yds and stood there looking back not knowing what had just taken place. Then he wobbled and panicked and stumbled about 10 more yards and tipped over right out in front of me.
With the price of diesel getting so high "$4.09 the other day" I've been driving the 70 mile round trip to my stand with my old work car. After I field dressed him I thought mmmm...Go home and get the truck or I wonder if I could get him in the trunk by myself right now.....??? Well it wasn't easy but after I field dressed him I off roaded the car as close as I dared to him. Then after a couple unsuccessful attempts I got him up in it and packed him in there just right to where I could even close it up! "not sure how I didn't bust up his rack, it was a TIGHT fit!" Just have to get myself a new emergency blanket I guess!

No monster but he's got a nice frame and I'm proud of him, I worked hard and sat to many days to count this season. I passed on bucks better than him but I felt it was the right thing to do, that and the fact that the others are only going to get bigger next year!

Take care and happy holidays!

Took this photo after I had pulled him out, don't worry I didn't parade him around with the trunk open like this that's for sure!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Bartender

Way to go Chad get the boy scored and entered. CONGRATS!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

FRALEY I hope yer teammate has a picture of his deer with his bow in it or it will be disqualified. That would be a shame. Well FRALEY we got 15 deer over the weekend 6 bucks and 9 does . We had a monster give our walkers the slip and I watched it unfold from a hilltop. I found myself rooting for the deer don't tell them pleez. It was pretty comical because the deer ran straight down this creek bottom and all they could see was his antlers. Finally one guy just shot a tree close to him and he ran out 40 yards behind a couple of young guys and man they laid into him and hit nothing but air. This creek isn't 20 yards wide and who would have thought that this big guy would have been in there. Well you get yer tag for next year and cmon down and you can hunt with old iowabob .
Old 12-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

I have photos with me and my bow, can a person enter more than one buck thou?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Bartender

chad I noticed yesterday you already did enter one, my bad. No your first one only.

Bob sounds great pal I will see what I can do Thank You.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

How is everybody? I havent been on here in forever...too busy lately. Well looks like I am gonna have to try and stick me a buck with my bow...cuz all the gun seasons are out here. Hopefully I get one...it will help the team and make me feel better lol
Old 12-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Bartender

Hello Jenna

Happy Holidays to all!

I will be hitting hard the day after Christmas.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Just checking in. I moved my trailcamera a few weeks ago and i have 12 different buck in one spot. Several of them are really nice ones. I have a 7 pointer,two 8 pointers, a nine pointer and an 11 pointer that all will score pretty good. Both of the 8's and the 9 are the biggest. I'll try to post the pics but i cant promice anything. Happy hunting guy's and gal.

Quick Reply: 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.