Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread >

38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: He got him!

Wow great deer to both of you. I got this doe this morning...Gun season is open here woo hoo!! Winchester 30-30 did the job, 15 yard shot the deer went 20 feet and layed down. First doe with a gun!

Old 11-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

There you go kid!!!
Now thats old school 30-30 iron sites, not many kids out there like you thats for sure! I bet your folks are proud and the boys that hunt in your area better start asking dad for permission to take you out, because they will soon find out there are very few like you in todays world!

fantastic job!

looks cold!
Old 11-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Wow you guys are really starting to lay them down. Congrats to everyone who got one.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yah it was pretty cold here today ,with a bit of spitting rain too which didnt help at all. I think the lows were around 30 and the high was 40 or something close to that who knows.

I love that gun though, it was my grandpas back in the day. Winchester model 94 with one of the bullets my grandpa made waaaaayyy back. I bet he is proud, too bad I didnt get to know him better. Thanks everyone, good luck to you all..Lets get some points on the board!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on taking a doe with such a classic rifle/cartridge combo. That is awesome!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:31 AM

Hey team. Sorry I havn't been checking in much lately. Well I was at our farm in Eastern Montana Thursday-Sunday. I had my mind made up that I was going home with my deer and call the season quits to start shooting some birds. Well I did just that. On Saturday evening I sat ina new stand and within 20 minutes a little, 4x4 came by at 10 yards. I put the slick trick through him, made the maaa maaa sound about four times, he stoped with in 20 yards of me and fell over. With him in site, I decided to see if I could fill my doe tag. About 20 minutes later she came by at 30 yards, another slick trick and a 40 yard death run later and both my tags were filled in 20 minutes. It was a great weekend. Tons of deer, although no shots at any big bucks, my wife Amy missed a nice 130+ class 5x5 Sunday morning. Now she really has the bug. She shot her bull this year and is really upset about missing the deer. So we are heading back this weekend to see if she can get one on the ground. My buck is the smallest I have ever shot. I will post pics and the score tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else.

Hyde
Old 11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats to everyone who has been putting meat on the table. I saw the biggest buck of my life last night coming home from my dads house. He was standing right next to the road. Since it was a back road with no traffic, i put the headlights on him and stared for about 5 minutes. He is a main frame 10 pt with about 10 inch G2's and probably 8 or 9 inch G3's. He seems to have pretty long brow tines also. I'm guessing he has a 18-20 inch inside spread because his main beams went out past his ears a couple of inches. Beautiful buck. I dont hunt that area but it was great to see something like that. I have been seeing deer everywhere lately. This colder weather really has them out.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Bartender

Chad and Jenna great deer congrats to both of you.

Brett, marshalls pic is now on the site. www.greatdeer.com
Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Bartender

Chad and Jenna your deer also posted. I only get 1 page per website and this one is now full.
Next deer will go on www.peakrut.com. This site I get multiple pages.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:22 AM
Bartender

1 more day and I am out of here up to norther, Wi for 10 days.

Quick Reply: 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.