Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread >

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Hey guys, just wondering..........
How "picky" are you gonna be when it comes to bucks. The reason I ask is here in Ga we're allowed 2 bucks, and have no antler restrictions (Fulton County, in the City of Atlanta). I hunt Public and private land, so I may let one go on a young buck (maybe). There is some good bucks in the area, though. I saw 2 that would go 110"+ last year, and last week a guy shot a 163" within 5 miles of me. Who knows what may happen?
I think we could win this thing. We don't all have to kill a P&Y to win.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey kids...well I finally got a really mature buck on cam. Probably should have waited, but luckily I still have a buck tag here in KY, thanks to a charity auction. Anyhow, here he is...

I actually am out to Kansas a few days later than I expected...Oct 29th - Nov 5th. So, I have a bunch to look forward to. Everybody be safe and shoot straight.

Kel
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, four days and no post, I suspect everyone is out in the woods. Hope all is well and you've each got your eye on one. Next week should kick off some great activity for most of us. Get out there and enjoy.

Kel
Old 10-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Just checking in. Awesome buck, Kelly! Hope you get him. Broken G2 on right side?
I saw a shooter this past saturday. He was about 40-50 yards out walkin in some thick stuff. He was walking fast, (like he was late for something) and his tail was kinda 3/4 raised and somewhat curled.
Not sure why...maybe just dropping some poo?!
Full moon on friday(fall equinox?). I heard it has some signifigance, but not sure. Maybe it will kick up some buck movement.
Hope to see some buck posts from our team! Good luck out there.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:44 PM

Sorry i have been student teaching in MPS schools so much that i have little time. I did manage to score on a buck with my rifle this past weekend. A 6 pointer. But as i was relaxing on my atv and talking with dad i did have a a huge 10 point come running in and he is still out there and ready for me once i get another doe.

Should be a great time to hunt and i have weekends off now so its time to test some more horns!!!
Pines
Old 10-24-2007, 07:27 AM

Fall equinox was last month. The weather should be perfect for the rut this year. And I should be able to get out next week, maybe even in a tree!!!!! Today so far, is the best my knee has felt since before the injury!!!
Ilearned this week that one of the dogs that barreled into me was hit and killed by a neighbor 12 days after my injury!!! Bummer for the dog, but you know, owners should pay closer attention to where their dogs are and what they are doing and stuff like what happened to me and getting hit woldn't happen near as much as it does. I'm so looking forward to being able to get back out!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wishing you a fast recovery LB. I've seen some absolute awesome deer this week and still have one more buck tag for KY. I'm on vacation from work until Nov 6th, so it's all about hunting for me. First starting in the morning, I'm here on the farm for the next 2 days, then off to KS on Monday for a hunt to begin Wed. I'm in heaven and leaving all that chaos of work behind, this is truly the best week of the year for me. Hopefully, I'll post some pics although I already posted a buck for the team, I still want to share the season. Hope the next few weeks are productive for eveyone. Be safe.

Kelly
Old 10-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

It's been a wild few days. Thursday morning at 1:00 am, my wife woke me up telling me "I think my water just broke!". So I look, and sho-nuff, the bed was soaked. 17 hours later, our baby boy was born. He was 8lbs., 19.5" long, and he is healthy as can be. Needless to say I'm not hunting this weekend. My cousin says the bucks are making alot of scrapes in our woods. So i'm gonna try to get out there next weekend. I'll post the baby pics soon.----------Chip
Old 10-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you and your wife Chip, that is an incredible experience, your first? Kids are a true blessing and a joy. Deer season will always come around, stay close to the family and soak it in.

Kel
Old 10-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah he is our first. My hunting buddies try to tell me the same thing (about not hunting). But I am gonna go next weekend, prob just mornings. A buck with the bow would be the icing on the cake. Like I said before, I may shoot a small buck to get us some points, considering we can killl 2 bucks.

Quick Reply: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.