Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread >

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 PM

Default RE: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

How's everyone doing? Today our season opened but unfortunately work had me tied up and I didn't get out this evening. My daughter has a soccer game tomorrow evening so hopefully Wednesday evening I will get out. My brother-in-law is coming up Friday afternoon to hunt and do some videotaping for the entire weekend.

Should be fun....Good luck to you all!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Anything happening out there?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

just got backfrom the moose hunt and have had a little rest , The temp here is unusually warm not to sure I am going to like to hunt in 75 degree weather . Should get out a few mornings this weekend to see whats moving.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:20 PM

Well guys, I'm out for awhile. Was in Ohio for a hunt from Tues-today. On Thurs after the AM hunt I was in the yard and the outfitter/guides 2 dogs were rough housing and barreled into me and knocked my left knee out of joint. Went to the ER. Was put into an immobilizer. Drove home yesterday. What a bummer. What are the odds!!! Wear a safety harness every time I get into a tree but don't think about what can happen on the ground. It was so hot(90's) only saw does, a spike, a small 6 pointer and a decent buck moving up the river bank 50 yards behind me. EHD being see around the area there.
I just happened to put a new blind out in one of my favorite spots on a plot just last week. Guess I'll spend a bit of time there and another blind that's been out since spring turkey season. Until I can climb a tree again.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:11 AM

Sorry guys for not posting much, been busy with work and in the CB forum. I was able to take a Deer Friday. I have been putting alot of effort into getting a cam set up for filming and in all the excitement of doing the cam thing and in the low light I shot a button buck. Seen deer in the last fifteen minuets of light and in a dark swamp so I just seen no horns and took the shot. Still pleased with it, I just know there is some who will not be, sorry. Anyways here is some video and pics. The video is kinda hard to see. Two mistakes made in the excitement. One was I had zoom all the way in and the focus picks up the CB limbs and the B-Head, deer is kinda out of focus. Second mistake was Sony has a great low light setting, works best when turned on! LOL!! I was able to use some soft wear for editing to lighten it up, but still kinda hard to see. The deer before the shot is perfectly in the middle of screen. He in on the far side of water just under the leaves on that tree with its head down getting drink, slightly quartering away with his entire body on the slope of the bank of the waters edge. The most I can see of him in the film is the white of the inside of his leg and chest. Hope that helps some who can't see before the shot. It was about a fifteen to twenty yard shot. I used a 100 grain Tekan II expandable and the pic shows the entrance wound, fully open as it went in! Enjoy the Video and pics, good luck to all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R22oSpZDKl0

Old 10-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for being absent for so long guys. I've been busy working and hunting in the evenings. I've had deer around me most of the evenings and had several shot opportunitys on some nice does. I only drew back on one (Thurs night) and my G5 peep twisted! I couldn't see anything so I had to let the string down. It's been extremely warm here, so I didn't even go out last night (saw nothing in the AM, heard some turkeys, however). Hopefully this week brings a much needed temperature change.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:44 PM

HOT! HOT!! HOT!!!

That's pretty much the summary for the last three days here - 83 Fri, 85 Yesterday, and today a whopping 88. Deer haven't been moving much. Needless to say, my brother-in-law came up north (to our house) this weekend to hunt. We saw 3 small bucks right at daylight. They were eating acorns for about a 30 mins right below us. Then about 10am, we saw two does about 60 yards away. Then yesterday evening we made a bad choice on which stand to hunt (not because of the wind but food source) and didn't see anything. This morning, we had 3 does come in just after daylight. They avoided all of our shooting lanes. Then about 40 mins later another doe crossed the creek and came straight thru our lane. My brother-in-law made a perfect shot. The video is pretty good and I did manage to get zoomed in really well just before the shot. GREAT impact footage. That was about 8:15 this morning. We hunted til 10:15 and didn't see anything else. We brought her back, skinned her out, and immediately de-boned the meat and stuck everything in the cooler.
Tomorrow is a holiday for me so I plan on hunting a stand that I haven't even went near since I put it up about a month ago. It's perfect for a Southwest wind and that is what the forecast is calling for tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it looks as though all of us have been busy. I've been traveling the last few weeks and had very little time to post. Hope all is well with everyone. It's been extremely warm here, record highs for the past week. I haven't even thought about getting in a stand. Heading out to Kansas in 16 days and it can't get here fast enough.

Keep at it and check in when you can.

Kelly
Old 10-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

We have had a break in the weather here should be close to freezing in the morning .
Going to try a few spots this weekend, hope to find somedeer out .It is still to early for most of my stand locations
Old 10-13-2007, 02:20 PM

havent been out much but this is my last weekend working for the year so i will have some oppertunities to hunt again!!! The rut should be starting soon i think.....about that...

What do you guys know about that? When should one start using scents and rattling and all that jazz.
I know they say its the 2nd moon after the fall equinox or what ever it is and that would be coming on Oct. 26th. Its suppost to be prime the week before and the 2 weeks after.

Please help me out on this one
Pines

Quick Reply: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.