Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread >

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 PM

Default RE: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Why thank you, RD. Treating myself to steak and lobster tonite. Just the way I want it as I'm grilling it, too. Smothered in baby bella shrooms and lots of garlic butter (I can hear my arteries groaning). And Carrot Cake.
I hunted evenings only Sat-Tues. Sat night I saw a buck first, then, some does, all over 150 yds away. Sun. eve had a doe and 2 fawns within shooting distance but, too much vegetation in the way. 15 min later, a beautiful, 2 1/2 yr old perfect 10 pointer still in full velvet within 5-18 yards of me and then walked past a 35 yard lane a while later. He walked. No earn-a-buck tag yet. That came Tues night. Mon & Tues was hot, upper 70's with high humidity. Sweated terribly. Ate backstraps Tues night after getting her to the processor. Didn't get any pics due to the heat and storms coming in. It had rained all day except during evening hunt. Our plots are getting hammered big time. Clover/chickory make up 1/2. The other half is buck forage oats/winter wheat. Excellent combinations. Should do well all season. The girls are hanging out big time and the boys will be making their daylight appearances before long. Should even get a turkey. Saw a nice flock in it just at the opposite end of where I was. So all in all, a good opener. May get back Tues-Fri AM. Then it's work the following wekend and go to Ohio for 5 days hunting in Athens. Then back here for another 5-6 days hunting. Ahhhh, life is good.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm glad to hear you had a great time and the next time you have steak and lobster invite me , you made me hungry just reading about it.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:12 PM

So lets see here.....

0.5 in on the left and 0.5 on the right........well that is a whole 1 inchof antlers!JK

Ha how is everyones season going. Cant wait till some more leaves fall and the skitos die off. The corn is getting cut down so they will be in the woods now!!!!

Pines
Old 09-23-2007, 08:09 PM

CONGRATS Pine!

The first one is never forgotten!!

One week here before season...can't Wait.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Good job, Pines!
Was unable to score this past weekend. Bucks are starting to cruise, though. Rubs popping up left and right....Just a matter of time! Good luck, guys.----Chip
Old 09-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well after a week of record heat in KY, we finally got some rain and a much needed cool down. We've been dealing with EHD, which as you might know, is a natural disease that affect deer herd. It's caused by mites that infect the deer. Most survive it, but the entire state has been affected. A lot of hunters are worried due to the number of deer being found dead. I've only found one on the farm, but a neighbor had 14. It should get better after the first frost, or so I'm told. Anyhow, probably going to get back out this weekend and see what kind of activity we've got. Might actually fill a doe tag if an opportunity presents itself. I haven't shot too much lately, work has kept me busy. October is almost here and most of us are in the woods, so it should get interesting pretty soon. Keep in touch.

Kelly
Old 09-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a quick update from me guys. My car is packed and I am wrapping my day up at work and will be picking my hunting partner up here in a few minutes for the 4 hour treck to my camp. We will be in stands tomorrow morning. I now have internet access from camp, so I'll post up with any results if I happen to tag one. Wish me luck!!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you Matt!!
No luck for me the last couple days. Saw deer, but not close enough for any shots. Last night after leaving my blind (it had been raining and I saw nothing all evening) I walk 10 yards around a bend and 25 yards away is a yearling doe. Looking at me but not able to make out what I was. She starts walking towards me, stops, a few more steps, stops. I decide, I wonder..........As she faces me and walks a few more steps, I'm able to put my release back on AND nock an arrow. She gets within 15 yards of me. Then just trots off without blowing or seeming upset. It was a good 15 minutes after legal light. I wanted to see if I could just do what I did. It can be pretty cool the encounters you can have with deer without taking any shots.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

For some reason, I can't seem to get logged in to my name. This is ladybowhuntr as well as the previous post.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

congrats pines on your first archery deer, great shot.

Quick Reply: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.