Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread >

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:23 AM

Default RE: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Take it Spine. In the fall all turkeys are game!!!! Whatever color they are.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for the long absence, I've just been really busy. I've been shooting a lot lately, my 30-35yd groups are reallyt tightening (at 25 yds, I can generally get most groups touching all shafts, if not darn close). Congrats Kelly on putting one on the board so early! Looks like a trophy, then again, coming from the region I do, that would be categorized as a "monster".
Old 09-10-2007, 09:37 PM

Only 19 more days until season! Hopefully I will get out and put up a ladder stand on Wednesday or Thursday. Is Kelly the only one with a open season? Sorry if I missed it or cant remember.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey all...well looks as though I'm the only one out in the woods so far, but time is drawing near and i'm sure you're all busy out scouting and making those final preparations. It's supposed to drop into the low 50's over this weekend, so i'm out on a mission to take some does, should be fun. Haven't seen much buck activity since opening morning, so I'm still hopeful to catch a monster on cam and then tag him with my extra tag this year.

Hope all is well with everyone, let's try to keep the momentum rolling, it's a great time of year. Take care.

Kelly
Old 09-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Our season opened this past weekend. The woods were "dead" on saturday morning. I heard a few geese in the river, and saw a few birds and that was it. Sunday morning I walked up on 2 or 3 before daylight going to the stand [:@], they ran off and that was all the action I would have that morning. Maybe next time!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:04 AM

3 Days left. Only 3!!!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:26 AM

Well i am super busy with school right now, but today is my last day for the week. I work on thurs and friday and then head up north for a fish fry and a sleepless night before opener on saturday. Super pump.

Will check in again beforei leave
Pines
Old 09-12-2007, 07:31 PM

Believe it or not...I'm still alive. Our move is complete and the wireless internet service is FINALLY up and running at my house. Unforturnately, I have some time at work to post but for some reason or another (probably the firewall) I cannot submit anything from the website. I can get to it and view everything but when it comes to posting, it boots me out and acts as though I am a guest.

Anyway, I'm back in business now. CONGRATS Kelly...great deer!!! It looks like we're off to a good start. I was catching up on the posts and it looks like for most of us, the season hasn't even began. I start hunting October 1st. Luckily, behind the old farm-house we just bought, the old owners own about 220 acres; all riverbottom. The elderly gentlemen apparently took a liking to me since he told me that I have sole hunting rights to the entire thing.....UNBELIEVABLE!!! That was biggest worry about moving a couple hours away from what I was used to. I kept wondering, "where am I going to do my hunting". Not only that but the further north you go in Michigan, the more number of people that hunt.

I managed to get five tree stands set last weekend and with some help from the guy that used to hunt the same property, I think I've got a few winners out here. Acorns are starting to fall already and it's starting to really cool off. I just finished mowing my grass and I could actually see my breath at about 8pm.

Well, that's all for now...I'll talk to you all soon and GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:22 PM

Good luck to you, SumHunter. Finally got my ILL tag!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck this weekend, everyone! We have a cold front coming in, so maybe they will move a little more.

Quick Reply: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.