Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread >

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:32 PM

Default RE: 18 - Official Team 18 Thread

Hey guys and gals, So it has been raining like crazy here so i have not been able to check the cam. Will probably head out tomm rain or shine to check the card and batteries.

So its my b-day on sunday, 22, and I still live at home to save money while going to school at UWMilwuakee. Anyways, i finally talked my mother into giving me permission to keep a pistol in her house. She does not mind the shotgun, rifle or revolver i have, but pistols scare her. Anyways i took her to a local indoor range, shot one, same model i wanted and she loved it. And she said the only rule if i get one is that she gets to shoot it if we go to the range!!
So this morning with gift cards and cash in hand went to cabelas and bought me a brand new Springfield XD .40 S&W in the 4 in black. Cant wait till wed. to go to my gun club and shoot it!!!

My girlfriend also got me an early b-day present and found my arrow and took one in to get me a new set of 6 arrows and bought a 3 pack of luminocks and a new package of the rage 2 blade broadheads!!!! She set me up with the whole arrow rig!!! She's sure is a keeper!

Ladybowhntr, you know where Daniel Boone Conservation League is? On 167 near holy hill?

Let yall know how they shoot!
Pines
Old 08-21-2007, 08:13 AM

No Spine, I hadn't even heard of it til now. Do you shoot there? You got a great girlfriend there, too!!! By the way, Happy Birthday!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:12 PM

Ya i shoot at the club on Wed or thurs. nights we have trap and skeet, 50, 100,200 yard ranges, running deer, fishing/dog training pond, archery hay bales, 28 target 3D course, patterning ranges, hiking trails and over 320 acres!

Its great you can also apply to hunt the grounds for spring turkey and fall bow deer if you have your volenteer hours in.

Well put the camera out today after finding out that the entire woods i hunt is flooded. I hunt right a long a creek and its has overflowed its banks and i have never seen it over a foot deep! There is at least 3 inches of water in all areas and some areas as deep as 6-7 in. The creek is almost a river and has current!

Well we will see what the camera hasto hold, going to get my gun tomm and shoot the gun and bow.

Good luck yall
Pines
Old 08-22-2007, 06:34 PM

Any one hear from Sumhunter? I pm'd him but haven't heard anything. I'm sure it's just he thought the teams would be drawn 1st of Sept.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't heard from him either. I'm sure based on what you all said, he'll check in in time.

I've been out practicing. Season opens a week from this Sat. I am really pumped although I'm sure it'll be hot. Probably just concentrate the mornings until it cools off.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:57 AM

Default RE: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Sorry folks...It's been crazy around here. We've been packing all of stuff and are moving about two hours north. The big move is set for this Friday/Saturday.

Again, I apologize for not checking in sooner. I am HERE and Definitely IN!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:08 AM

All accounted for!!! Yea!!!! Good luck opening week to you Kelly. Mine starts Sept. 15.1st week of Oct I go to Athens Oh, and at some point after to ILL. In between I'll hunt our land in Buffalo Co. Should be a fun and intersting season. It needs to quit raining here so I can finish up our plot work.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome and welcome Sum. I leased a farm in Athens in 03 lady, of course I didn't have any luck. It was a little too far a drive and I just didn't have time to work it properly. They have some good deer numbers there and some big ones as well. Best of luck.

Kelly
Old 08-23-2007, 03:56 PM

Testing my avatar...
Old 08-24-2007, 07:37 AM

Glad to see ya made it Jeff. I was hoping you check in after seeing some of your deer. I figured with your past luck and activity in the previous contest you where either busy or maybe was wanting another team, good to see ya made it. How close are you going o be to cabelas now?

Quick Reply: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.