Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread >

26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Hey guys, I (as well as Bols) totally apologize for my lack of involvement as well. I've not been the best teammate and I feel bad for taking the opportunity to get to know all you guys better. Anyway, I hope everything is going well with you guys. Here is the story and pics http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2437837 it's probably my best post yet... check it out.
And we're on the board!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:58 PM

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile been hunting to much. Hunting3 states have bagged4 bucks so far. I enterd my first buck that I baggedin Ohio on 9-30 -07 scored 92 3/8 I hope this helps the team.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Cool, great job. I will also put one on the board this year. Just waiting for a buck I will pay to put on the wall. If not I will drop some buck.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Hey team,

I whacked a doe last night...thought I hit her good, blood soaked arrow from a pass through...waited a couple hours and got on her track to find a marginal (at best) blood trail. Tracked her 100 yards to her first and only bed, then kept going for another 4-500 yards across two roads luckily stumbling onto droplets of blood...gave up after canvasing the area for 3 hours this morning

The only thing I can think is low through the brisket barely missing vitals...[:@]

Got back to the house after tracking only to see a nice 6-8 pointer trotting through the woods with his nose to the ground at 10am (couldnt do anything, no sunday hunting in Maine [&:])

I will be hitting it hard Tuesday-Saturday this week!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey, been out one solid day. I have a friend with me so I put him in my favorite place in my honey hole. He was surrounded by deer all morning. At 10 am he a a big deer walk right under him. He had a big left main beam with the tines to match. The right for some reason only grew half way out. Anyway, it got right under his stand and spooked. He jumped back about 15 yards and my friend missed him because he jumped the arrow. I only saw a few basket 8's and a bunch of does. We'll see what tomorrow will bring us.

Happy hunting, let's put points up guys!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to dwd and buckslayer. Way to go guys. I on the other hand have had zero opps at mature bucksafter hunting almost everyday since end of oct. All is not lost yet though, I have some winter wheat that should start getting hit hard in the next few weeks....dabow
Old 11-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Guy's, I had a very fun week. I brought a friend north with me and spoiled him rotten with deer. He couldn't believe the number of bucks he saw let alone the number of deer. He even got to see the deer that was bigger then any other deer he had seen live in the woods (he has 30 years hunting under his belt). He said it was way bigger then any of my friends deer on his wall.

For me, I had a big eight point last night 40 yds. He was very pretty. I wish he had a little more mass but I was going to shoot him. The broad side he gave me had two little branches at 20 yds between him and I. I truely think I would have been fine but I choose not to shoot and get a better shot. The wind started to reverse direction as the sun dipped and his Doe, was on my side of the creek got spooked and ran back to where she came from and he followed. It kills me not to have taken that shot but I'm OK with the decision. He was very nice. Had a solid 18" spread maybe 20" with decent tines. Not sure I would have had him mounted, I wish he had more mass. My guess he was just shy of 140. The freaky thing was, before I saw him and the doe, I swear I heard a deep grunt from behind me, down wind. Then I saw those two in the other direction and thought I miss judged where the grunt came from. Anyway, the monster my friend sawcame from behind me or at least from my direction. Shot gun starts this weekend for a few weeks. I hope they don't screw that place up. There are still a ton of deer. The good news is that's it's only one spot. Plenty more out there.

Forgot to add, I did pop another little one this morning. For the record, I'm going to process him myself and not give him to the catsbecause my son asked me too.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds awesome fieldmouse!

I scored on a smallish buck, he will probably only score 50-60 as a 6 pointer. It is not the buck I wanted for the contest, but with the first buck rule it is the one I will have to enter. I have the pictures, but I need to wait to get the rack back from the butcher to score it.

It has been an unbelievable week up here in Maine...The deer are at peak rut, and are putting on a show! Just a couple of highlights...I saw my first deer (a little buck) swimming , I saw the biggest buck of my hunting career, and I saw a nice little 8 pointer chase a spike away from his doe repeatedly. The chasing occurred anywhere from 5 to 40 yards in front of me for about 5 minutes, and the best part of it was that I was on the ground at eye level!! As they were moving out the bigger buck was running straight at me 20-15-10 yards, finally I had to lunge at him so he wouldnt run me over!

I hope you guys are having some fun out there!

Dana
Old 11-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

I dont know if our captain (Fieldmouse) voted on this or not...but have a look...

http://www.huntingnet.com//forum/tm.aspx?m=2469626&mpage=1

I thought this was fishy from the first time I saw the picture...The buck I just shot was a head-on shot to the throat with a 70lb bow and heavy aluminum arrows, and I came nowhere close to blowing through or popping out eyes!

Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Mehuntalot. I have already submitted my vote to Rob this morning as well as a thank you for all of the hard work he does to keep this contest running.

Quick Reply: 26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.