Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread >

26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Happy belated birthday DWD, On a side note I WILL be on stand tomorrow afternoon, and plan on putting us on the board.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Here is a picture of the doe I got the other day... (110 lb doe)

Old 10-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Cool, nice to pop one already.

Well, I'm going out in the morning. My neighbor called and wanted to know if I wanted to hunt. I said yes so I'm just going in my backyard tomorrow. I'm 99.9% sure I won't shoot a buck. The big ones here usually only get to the low 130's. I may pop a doe. The good news is, I'm going north next week. I'm going to email the owner of my secret honey hole and hunt on tuesday. This place is loaded. With any luck one of the monster's will show and offer me a shot.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Well good news bad news. Went to back down my bow to get her ready for serious hunting and one of my limb bolts was stuck. I was unable to get it unstuck and worst yet, unable to equalize the limbs. Long story short, shipped it overnight back to the factory to get it fixed. I guess I'm not hunting tuesady in my honey hole.

Now for the good news, I looked at my pay stub and noticed I'm sitting on 160 hours of vacation. Guess who's not going to work the last three weeks in November? I'll get my bow back in two weeks throw my scope and quiver back on and be already for the rut. To top that off, one of my hunting buds went on a mission to get new places to hunt and picked up several new properties he said are loaded. So don't worry about me. I will put a buck on the board again this year. I'm just hoping to get a shot at at least a 150 class if not bigger.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Well the conditions are perfect here in Michigan, finally, so wish me luck I am heading to the property in about 3 hours.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted monday thru thursday (the 18th). It rained on me on every hunt. Saw only one buck. He was a young eight that came in shortly after I did a light rattling sequence. Most of the corn is still standing and probably will be for a while. Anyone else out hunting?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Still waiting on getting my bow back. No problem though, none of my friends have gone out yet. We're still waiting for the Rut.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM

I'm doing the same thing...waiting for Rut. I'll be hunting hard in Wisconsin from Nov. 1st to Nov. 11th. Until then....I sit here and twitle my thumbs.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Got home today and waiting for me was my bow. I will get the scope back on it tomorrow and just may go out. I saw my first real shooter here in NC. Real nice ten point, I might have to hunt around here this week.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Well threw on the scope. It took three shots to align it. Took a couple of 25 yrd shots to double check. Came home to a few bambi's in my yard and dropped one. Man it felt great. Took him down the carnivor preserve and got face to face with a 450# tiger. All I can saw is wow. I'm going out tonight to shoot another doe to feed to the cats tomorrow.

Quick Reply: 26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.