Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 16-Official Team LungBusters Thread >

16-Official Team LungBusters Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

16-Official Team LungBusters Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 PM

Default RE: 16-Official Team LungBusters Thread

we had nothing monday night. the wind switched when we got to the spot so we had to go toanother spot on this land. nothing but i did get a shot at a yote but i over judge the distance and went over his back. all in all a fun night just to be out in the woods.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:36 AM

It Finally got cold in Michigan Yeay. No luck yet Ill keep ya posted
Out
Old 10-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I got back last night at about 8pm. I shot a doe on Wednesday morning and missed a turkey that afternoon. My buddy Blake shot and eight point. He bought his bow 2 months ago, the deer scored 117 3/4. I will post pics as soon as he sends them to me.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great weekend bigjim. Congrats to you and your friend. I had an awesome weekend myself, although I never pulled the trigger. I sat in a stand I hung just last week, both this morning and yesterday morning (i've got a lot of stands but this one is in a new and awesome honey hole ( a 30 acre thicket surrounded by hundred of acres of corn).

First deer yesterday was about a 130-140 class 10 pt. I had him a 15 yds, but unfortunately, because of one branch I neglected to cut, I could not get a shot. Watched him mill around in the brush for about 5 minutes (seemed like a lifetime...man I was pumping). Also saw yesterday 2 spikes and 4 pt and about 4 does...It was an incredible morning.

Today,
did not see anything until about 8 oclock, thentwo 8 pts that looked like twins (probably about 110 to 115, maybe 120 from what I could tell), slowly walked through the thicket about 30 yds (still offering no shot because of the thickness), Then I saw the BIG BOY about 50 yds this time running thru the brush with3 other deerthat I could not tell what they were (looked like a couple had horns but were just little guys). Later saw a 4pt that I passed on.

Also saw 3 bucks yesterday when I was walking out. All in all, somewhere between 10-12 bucks for the weekendwith three shooters for sure. Could have only shot the 4 pt today and a spike from yesterday. The BIG BOY offered the best shot of all yesterday if it had not been for that one dam branch ( It's gone now).

The problem is that the company that owns that land has hired someone to remove the ancient junk and tires to prime it for development (used to be an old homestead--run down house, junk and briars everywhere).

So, I'm in a quandry. Should I rest that stand at all or just keep pounding it Tues and fri evenings and then next weekend too, or let it rest until the weekend and hope the deer don't react to much to all the loaders running around (they may not since hundreds of acres of corn is still standing and surrounding the property. The bull dozer has already cut (since last weekend) a small road and it did not seem to effect the deer yet. I may not have a choice but to rest it if there are guys in there working...I've only got infomal permission (by the guy who runs this place..but not the big boss that owns it...still good enough)

Sorry so long, just wanted to let you all know, I'm gonna be out there when I can and that it is great right nowtake care and good luck all

Chad
Old 10-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a eventful and good weekend in the stand Chad. Keep after them and you will put on down. I went Saturday evening to video for a friend. Well, I spotted a bobcat at about 70 yards away and called him in. Got it all on film which is pretty cool. Will post pictures as soon as Blake emails them to me.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:00 AM

Sounds like everyone is having a good hunt. Great post Chad. I have been out 3 times since it cooled off here. Nothing even close. I had two bucks off in the distance.
Mack
Out
Old 10-16-2007, 08:37 PM

So far I haven't seen anything real big. Had a small 3 x 4 within shooting range and some other small bucks. I've also seen numerous does, so when it gets closer to the rut, hopefully they'll bring the big boys out. I'll be able to get out some this weekend, so I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Guys. I'm hoping those bucks keep getting closer and biggerfor you.

I sat the same stand again last night and.....nothing. Two does came by right at dark. I figured it was going to be much better in the morning there (with the deer coming in off the cornfields), but had to check to know for sure.

Those does last night keep milling around my stand well after dark and I felt trapped as I did not just want to move around andclimb down in front of them so I used a technique I've used before. I threw my water bottle at them and snorted as loud as I could when itsmacked the ground. That sent them flying and I'm sure they'll be wondering what happened but at least they will never be sureand I won't have to worry about them coming by again and looking right up at me...and they did not have time to stomp their feet to mark the spot for other deer (that's the best part).

Now, because of my schedule and besides, I think it is a good idea, I'm going to rest that stand for probably until weekend after this one.

I'm going to hunt in a good evening stand Fri night, then return to my old home town to go turkey hunting with some friends and to take the baby home for all the relatives. So, I may not have any more hunts for a week after Fri night.

Good luck all.
Chad
Old 10-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

He is the pics from my doe and my best friend blake's buck

Old 10-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick Reply: 16-Official Team LungBusters Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.