Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Thats a great deer palmer! Congrats man....we are starting to get a little pride back on the scoreboard lol. I'm heading out this weekend to try to kill a buck. Lady luck hasn't been on my side this year.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats buddy. Thats a fine buck. I had an awesome morning with a little six. I grunted him back and forth about 5 times in a semi-circle. He caught my wind once, bolted about 15 yards , I grunted and he just keep coming back. Came to 15 yards and went south threw the cattails. Whole time his head was up looking for this buck. He had some balls for such a little guy. Awesome day. Should have gone out tonight but was just to tired. Poor excuse right? [8D]
Old 11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice deer, palmer.

I won't be able to get out this weekend due to family, but plan on being out early next week and weekend
Good luck to everyone and
Stay safe!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

thanks everyone it was actually the best hunt to date that I have been on just the way everything went down. I was sitting there with about 20min of light left and heard some grunting, figured it was a buck chasing a doe, so when I looked to my left I seen a one antlered buck come running in and following behind him was a good buck. I got the second buck to stop, but when he stopped it was behind a tree branch, when he stepped out from behind the branch I released my arrow and he spun at the same time, needless to say I missed. He ran off about 40-50yds behind some trees figured he was gone for good, well while all of this was going on and I was kicking myself for the miss my grunt call had fallen to the ground so I actually grunted him in by mouth, as he was coming back on my right I looked to my left and the buck that I actually shot was coming right at me responding to the grunting also. He stopped 35yds from the stand and the last thing he heard was that sweet sound of bow string music!!! he only ran about 100yds and piled up.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

very nice buk paler. congrats
Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boy did I have a morning.

First light I had a doe and a fawn come out of the marsh grass and come right to me. I had put out some Tinks and they sucked right to it. They were a little nervous at first but soon relaxed and went into the field and started to feed east. Well thats a good sign I said.

30 mins later I decided to rattle a bit. Sure enough here comes a buck.

Only problem is he had a fork on one side and a spike on the other. [:@]Oh well, I had some fun with, grunted him back and forth. He acually got up on his hind legs and hit the scent wick of the tree. He continued on to the west and never seen him again.

15 min later I rattle again and in 2 min another buck appears from the east. He has 3 on his left side and is broken of completly on the other side.Gets directly south of me, I grunted and he comes right at me. Does the same thing the last buck did and walks of to the west.

I was going to call it at 9:00 and at 8:45 I happen to look to my right and there he is, ol' freak nasty himself. I have seen this buck 3 times this year.

He's big. I had thought he was an 8 but looking closer he is more than that just couldn't tell exactly how many points but I think he has6 on his left side, right side im not sure. Probulary has an 17-19" spread with more mass than I thought too, I aged him at atleast 5 1/2.

Well here he's coming, stops at 35 yards (in high cattails) and goes east. I grunt at him, he stops, continues, I grunt, he stops, continues. I did this 4 more times with no interest showing from him. Of course he couldn't do what the little guys did. He got a whiff of the Tinks but didnt come closer. It was like there was a fence there blocking him.

He did this to me a couple weeks ago too. Oh well, he'll make a mistake sooner or later (I hope).

I must add that all these deer came in downwind, everyone of them. I really must hand it to ScentBlocker. I swear they never caught my wind.

One of the best mornings Iv'e had this year.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:58 AM

Fantastic buck, he's gorgeous! Congrats! Off to IL in an hourcatch up with you all next weekend.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I sent an arrow screaming atmy 3rddoethis morningand it hit its mark.

This was a very old doe, just look at the face. The can call made this old nanny come to my set panting (literary) and she stopped behind a tree with no shot, preceded to walk of then got a whiff of the Tinks I put out and made a complete U-Turn to itbut she never made it all the way there.

Had my buddy help me drag it, and he just called and said he shot a buck just a few minutes ago.

Pretty good day for us. NowI someting with antlers. Enough with the does!

Old 11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

lrhuntr strikes again! Congrats buddy, you are dialed in. Time for some bucks now. Maybe you can pick up my slack.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

the doe master strikes again atleast you know you will not go hungry this year!! congrats she is really an old doe good one to take out of the herd. I have a feeling the next one will have a nice rack!!!!

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.