Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Sorry fellas, I know I haven't checked infor a while but I promise I will kick it in gear very soon. As of today, I have 10 sets hung with 2 more left to go. I still have some trimming left to do as well.

The past few weeks I have had some bad luck both with my cuddeback noflash and my bow. Fortunately for me, the bow is an easy fix. The cuddeback however, is a different story. I probably won't get it back for at least a month from now. I guess they are very busy up there (Wisconsin) doing a lot of repair/service work. Fortunately they will send it back to me with all of their software updates and bells and whistles. It's nice to make an investment $$ and have the company stand behind their product 2 years after the purchase.

I did however, get my 2006 buck back recently. Besides my taxidermist not doing the ears the way I wanted them, I am overall pretty happy with how it turned out! Now my 2005 buck will have another buck to keep him company. If you are looking at the picture, my 05 buck is on the left and my 06 buck is on the right.

September 29th can't get here fast enough! Good luck to everyone, and congrats to those who have already had early season success!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Ohiobuck25/Deer%20Mounts/2bucks.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Ohiobuck25/Deer%20Mounts/mount5-1.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Ohiobuck25/Deer%20Mounts/mounts2.jpg

Old 09-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Ohio,both bucks are sweet but what taxidermist on earth would have wanted to work on that ugly full body mount in the middle? [8D]
I would want my money back!

Couldn't resist

Cuddeback is one of the most respected names in the business, it is good to hear they stand behind their product.
Good luck on the bow as well.

Look forward to pictures ofyour 2007 buck
Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I finally made it out to scout the 80 acre farm tonight.I got permission from the guy I work with. OMG, this place is loaded with sign. I picked a spot with 4 trails crossing next a creek....nearby the bedding area. Found several rubs from last season. Best partis, no one has hunted it (with permission anyway) for 10 years. I can't wait until opening morning!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

button sounds like you found yourself what some of us would like to call a honey hole!!! finding a good place like that is better than hitting the lottery in my opinion!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Got out this morning, saw a total of 7 deer on my way to the lease including 2 does browsing in the parking area of the lease when I pulled in.

This morning was rainy and windy but it was great just to be out again.
The only way this evening could have been any better is if I saw something.
The weather and conditions were excellent and reminded me of why it does not bother me if I don't see any deer.

Good Luck all!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

well tommorow is the big day!! can't wait I will be in stand by 6:15 hopefully everything works out the wind is suppose to be perfect for the new stand I hung and the temps are suppose to be low so we will just have to see
Old 09-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys, get us on the scoreboard!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

well sunday was a pretty good day I had 9 deer total come into the stand had a pretty good 4x4 come into the stand and actually bed down 15 yards behind me but he was just not a buck that screamed shoot me on the first day in a tree so I let him go. had a few does and then some more smaller bucks, this morning on the other hand was not as eventful(not a single deer) the temps dropped up to 70 deg at 6am compared to 45deg that it was yesterday so I think that had a large part to do with it. Oh well that is why they call it hunting and not gathering I guess hope anyone else that went out this weekend had better luck and most of all a good time
Old 09-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

I plan on taking 3-5 does out of the heard this year. On one of the farms I hunt, the buck to doe ratio is sofar out of whack it isn't even funny. On this site we get so caught up talking about bucks all the time any doe enthusiasts out there?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

Ohio, I guess I could be called a "doe enthusiast", I love hunting and never have a problem taking a doe.

I have taken off work the rest of this week and all next week, so I will be in the woods quite a bit.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate the entire time I am off.

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.