Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

Great buck! Nice shot.

Man, is that your hunting hat!!?? What kind of camo is that, cowboy!!

At 20 yards maybe you could have fanned the hammer on him, gunfighter style! [:-]

Congrats.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GregH

Great buck! Nice shot.

Man, is that your hunting hat!!?? What kind of camo is that, cowboy!!

At 20 yards maybe you could have fanned the hammer on him, gunfighter style! [:-]

Congrats.
LOL!!

Man, that hat andI go back probably 20 years now, I've worn it on a lot of hunts and take it with me (good luck) every time I gun hunt.My brother killed and skinned the snake that's on it and I've re-shapedthat hat a couple times.

After I pulledthat buck out of the thick stuff, I went back to the truck, took off my blaze and put on my lucky hat for the photo!

Yeah, what I should have done after the deer got to the opening in front of me was.....Stand up, light up a cigar, put the revolver BACK into the holster, then ...."draw down" on him Clint Eastwood style!

Next time I'll get myself one of them Mexican Ponchos to wearand maybe even a pocket watch that chimes..LOL!!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck bigJ!

I almost shot a buck with my 357 once but i ended up letting him walk. I bet it was a blast!

Im on stand now. Got 4 bucks feeding in front of me in the foodplot already! 3 1.5 year olds and an awesome 2.5 year old. Hopefully the big boys come out before dark. What a beautiful evening.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Site Bouncer

Good Luck Michael!!! I mean......good luck buddy.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Great story John............excellent buck and a perfect example of how the excitement of a hunt can make us do some goofy things no matter how many times we have been there.

I have never taken a deer with a pistol.............after reading that story it is DEFINITELY on my things to do list.

I'll bet that hunt was viewed from above with a wide, proud smile.

Good job buddy and Merry Christmas
Old 12-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Great story John............excellent buck and a perfect example of how the excitement of a hunt can make us do some goofy things no matter how many times we have been there.

I have never taken a deer with a pistol.............after reading that story it is DEFINITELY on my things to do list.

I'll bet that hunt was viewed from above with a wide, proud smile.

Good job buddy and Merry Christmas
Thanks Atlas....

Yep I think someone was looking down smiling.

When I firststarted datingMichelle (his daughter) he found out I was a hunter and a gun collector. He was too andwe hit it off right away.We started hunting togetheralmost from the start.

There is an old shack/house on the property (used to be nice) that needs to be torn down. One day I'm gonna put a little hunting cabin in it's place, it has hookups for water and electricity.

I feel his presence every time I go down there and I suspect I always will. It was "our spot" and while we were very close as it was, we bonded every hunting season. He didn't bow huntbut we birdhunted together and the gun season was always a special time for us...it was just him and I. We'd have other folks join usevery so often but year after year we would make our "pilgrimage" down to Hardin County for the gun hunt. I know time waits for no one...but I kinda feel cheated out of many more years and hunting memories with him. He left us far too soon...he was only 69[&o].

Thanks for the post buddy....you have a great Christmas as well!!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, whata night. Im going to either hate myself or love myself for making the decision that i made this evening.

I passed up the biggest deer that i have ever had in shooting range. Hes a giant 5X7 that just had to stroll in after good camera light. He stood in front of my stand at 15 yards as i held my pin right on his vitals and decided not to shoot.

I hope to god that i get another opportunity at this deer with good camera light otherwise i will be kicking myself in the ass the rest of the year!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Wow, whata night. Im going to either hate myself or love myself for making the decision that i made this evening.

I passed up the biggest deer that i have ever had in shooting range. Hes a giant 5X7 that just had to stroll in after good camera light. He stood in front of my stand at 15 yards as i held my pin right on his vitals and decided not to shoot.

I hope to god that i get another opportunity at this deer with good camera light otherwise i will be kicking myself in the ass the rest of the year!

Wow!.....I think I would have said "The hell with the camera....I'm putting an arrow through this dude!"

Good luck, I hope you see him again.....in better light.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

BIGJ...WOW what a buck congrats to you Sir.. and with a pistol..You the man.. Sorry I was late to the party...Were done here in NY...time bag some Fur..

Old 12-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Merry Christmas to my hunting brothers and sisters-

May your days be merry and bright.

Arnie Rahe\LLBUX

Quick Reply: 6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.