Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:27 PM

Default RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

Hey guys, no news from me on the avatar. I sent both Ryanaller and elk requests but I never got anything back.

Now for a little update.... I went scouting yesterday evening and set-up on the edge of the field I talked about in my last scouting update. Things were kinda slow early on but as the sun started setting the deer started moving out into the field. I saw the same bucks as the other night but I did get a VERY nice suprise from a visitor that I have never seen before. He was a main frame 10 point which was probablly only about 17" to 18" wide outside but he had a very tall rack and I would say that his G-2's were in the 11" to 12" range. Now for the fun stuff, his left G-2 has two kickers off of it, one appeared to be about 3" and the other about 1-1/2", his left browtine was split, and his right G-2 was forked pretty deep down making it look alot like a Muley! He didn't stick around along time and he may have another kicker somewhere that I didn't see but as of now he appears to be a 14 point, should score in the 140"-150" range!
Old 08-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome man! He will help the team score out!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got some news from a buddy of mine who let's me hunt his property. He said he saw a BIG one the other day. Now, when he says big it's hard to judge what he means, so we asked if it was about the same size as the big one we saw two years ago (which was about 145"). His reply was, "No, he was way bigger than that." So, WOW.

There is also another big buck that was a 3.5 year old 7 point last year that is running around, a really big six, and about 4 or 5 other very respectable bucks. So, there are some good ones at that spot as well.

I've also put a request in from ryanaller for an avatar, so we'll see.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey everyone,

I've been checkin the thread every day but i'm not much of a poster anymore. I figure I have my 3000 in it's time to relax right? lol

Yesterday I moved my stand to the edge of a corn feild. It's a good spot because the woods behind me has tons of trails, droppings, ect. It's like a little peninsula of woods going into a corn feild. about 60 yards to my left is a good funnel that comes into the corn feild i'm on from a cut wheat feild. Theres tons of deer tracks going infront of my stand and the corn stalks are busted and eaten to shreads right there, for some reason? Nowhere else but there. but anyhow i saw 2 does and one mediumish buck, 120 maby.

On my property I saw a very good buck, it's main beams go very high and the tines are good too. (looks almost like the buck from the weekend warrior commercial on tv where the guy shot it out of a blind).My neighbor is going to let me borrow a game cam to put up in hopes of getting that big boy on camera. Maby even other bucks, who knows? Well I thought i'd let you guys know what's happening over here. Good luck!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:12 PM

Hey guys,

GREAT news, we finally got some big bucks on camera... I put a post up in the bowhunting section but here is a link to it.........

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2299692
Old 09-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

WoW! Good luck with that bad boy!!

When's everyones season start? Mine's the 29th of sept!
Old 09-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

VERY nice deer...please put one on the ground!
Old 09-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

WoW! Good luck with that bad boy!!

When's everyones season start? Mine's the 29th of sept!
I'll be out this Saturday for the NJ opener. My main focus will be getting a doe since earn-a-buck is in effect for the first 3 weeks of the season.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Site Bouncer

Good looking deer there....Good luck!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas, hes hard-horned now and still looking good...

Quick Reply: 6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.