HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201616-28-official-team-28-boiler-room-busters-thread.html)

24/7 hunter 09-07-2007 03:42 PM

RE: 28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread

I am 16 and a junior in high school.

My dad, brother, and I are planning on going on a bowhunt in Missouri this november during the rut. We found a place to hunt for a week on private land and there have been some huge deer taken on the property. It is right on the Iowa border. Its not for sure yet, but it looks promising.

Angus74 09-07-2007 08:01 PM

Hey 24/7 Come on over to MO and hunt this fall, Im sure youll have a good time, especially up in that area, theres supposed to be some great hunting up in that part of the state.

Well Im 33 and a crane operator, hunt in central MO mostly on my dads farm, I live on it too. I also have two other leases I hunt on in tha same county. Were getting lots of rain here today and last night, 5 inches! I put out lots of lime, fertilizer and seed in one of my plots last night right before dark, and packed it down good with the four wheeler, right after a 1 1/2 inch rain, and right before another 3 inches that fell llast night, and more expected tonight and tomorrow, I just hope it doesnt wash my seed away. Im getting some good pics of bucks already hard horned, one of which is a nine that will go about 140", Ive been getting pics of him almost every DAY:D thats right, every pic I have of him except one is in daylight, so hopefully,,,,,, 7 days wont change that, and he'll still be coming in there on the 15th.

Avalanche 09-08-2007 10:22 AM

Hey guys just checking in, spent the day yesterday putting up a couple of ladder stands ( it was hotter than he!!).

graysonelement 09-09-2007 12:34 AM

yeah i went out an checked my feeders today an i think someone has messed with them i put out about 80pds every 2 or 3 days and its all gone by time i check it but its been 3 days since i put it out an they havent touched it i think some one has done somethin to my spot but im not for sure i busy the past week an didnt get corn out so im hpeing its just that they didnt have any corn for 3 or 4 days but i dont know

Copper31 09-10-2007 05:27 AM

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Grab a few cameras from the woods this weekend. Lots of little bucks. Still nice to see deer. Can't wait for Saturday.

Matt/TN 09-10-2007 05:06 PM

12 Days!

I'm still not seeing any bucks :(, unlike last year. I hate to say it though, first buck passing my stand may get an arrow zipped through (at) his lungs. :D

Hoytteen 09-10-2007 07:03 PM

Hey guys, set up some stands at my honey hole this past weekend. i got this free cheapy treestand from my neighbor and set it up but one of the straps is longer than the other so the platform is kinda crooked. i'm about 30 feet up. I'm just gunna put up my lonewolf up this weekend instead of that cheapy. looks like another prime spot this year. when i was settin up, a owl came within 10 yards of my stand checkin to see what i was doin. it was pretty neat. last year i saw him but a ways away but never this close. can't wait for opening day. gunna roll over some!:D

graysonelement 09-11-2007 08:16 PM

has anyone else seen anything nice an how are the food plots turning out

Matt/TN 09-11-2007 08:19 PM

I got about 3-4 hrs of rain today.

The first rain in 6 weeks, so the seed I planted 2 weeks ago hasn't even germinated. Now it should, but I doubt it's going to do anything with this stupid drought we have going on. Still no bucks, I'm going to check the camera Sunday, maybe there will be something on there.

24/7 hunter 09-12-2007 05:25 AM

It got cold here on monday and still is. There are quite a few deer coming out to a soybean field that I will probably set up on. @ nice bucks have walked up a little road from a hollow there the past few nights. If they keep it up, this Saturday they won't be more than 15 yards from a blind I made! I can't wait.

Only 3 more nights!

Copper31 09-12-2007 06:20 AM

You can smell it in the air. Wow it was chilly this morning and it is going to be in the 30's for the opener on Saturday morning. I can't friggin wait.

.348Winchester 09-12-2007 07:01 PM

2 does down and now to find a buck

Copper31 09-13-2007 06:06 AM

Hey alright 348. Way to go.

longbowman2 09-13-2007 08:03 AM

Way to go .348. Keep it going and get us on the board.

Avalanche 09-13-2007 03:46 PM

Winchester draws first blood:)

24/7 hunter 09-13-2007 06:49 PM

congrats .348. Keep em comin!

graysonelement 09-13-2007 10:25 PM

RE: 28 Official Team 28 thread

great job win

Matt/TN 09-14-2007 12:44 PM

I knew he couldn't hide forever. As far as the bait TN law is 10days, I was 2 days late removing it, I removed it today.

Copper31 09-14-2007 08:26 PM

well guys it is 9:23pm my time here in WI and it will be just a matter of hours before I take my dads old recurve out for its first hunt since 1977. I will not be picky either. It doesn't matter if it is a turkey or deer. 30 degrees for a high and I can't wait

graysonelement 09-14-2007 09:11 PM

Good luck hope you bring one home for the team

24/7 hunter 09-15-2007 04:25 AM

Hey, I got my camo on and I couldnt be more fired up! I saw 3 real nice bucks the past few days on our land. There have been over 20 deer across from our house each night where I will be this morning. Im shooting the first deer or turkey that gives me a good shot as long as its not a buck fawn. Best of luck to everyone.

Copper31 09-15-2007 09:03 AM

Well opening morning is in the books. 4 doe with fawns and a six and a fork. Not to bad. It was a short morning and I am sure I could have seen a few more if I would have stayed just a bit later. The deer were moving good.

24/7 hunter 09-15-2007 10:17 AM

I saw some turkeys, but they were too far away. I could only hunt an hour and a half, then I had to work for a neighbor.

Angus74 09-16-2007 07:37 PM

hey guys, Just checking in, sounds like we're seeing some deer. Ive been on a camping with the fam for the last couple days and had to miss opening day here in MO, but made it back today in time to check my cams and get to my stand. Had lots of pics, and had some of a shooter 9 pointer opening evening 20 yards from one of my stands, but I only saw turkeys this evening, didnt stay till dark, the wind kept switching on me. I did have pics of another shooter on one of my cams, hes the third shooter Ive got pics of so far this year, I dont think he will score very high, but hes mature, heavy, kind of tall, 8 pointer with a small drop tine about 3 inches. Im likeing this, It seems like a drop tined buck I got pics ofa few years ago managed to spread some of his genes. This makes the 3rd drop tined buck Ive gotten pics of in the last 5 years.. Now for one to slip up:D

Angus74 09-16-2007 08:26 PM

Coug wanted me to post a pics of the buck on here so here he is. I havent looked at last years pics yet but I dont recognize him, although his eyeguards do seem familiar. Hes got a little bit of a saggy belly, and his neck is pretty thick where it meets his shoulders, Im thinking hes pretty mature, although he wont score well, he does have some neat character, and I dont think I will pass if he gives me a clear shot.

Angus74 09-16-2007 08:33 PM

Heres the 9 pointer Ive been getting pics of, and almost always in the daylight, Hes a nice buck, Im calling him a shooter, but am trying to convince myself to pass him, as Im sure hes only a 3 1/2 year old buck, and I had a very close experience with him last fall,,, hes got the scar to prove it.lol What would you guys do, should I take him if I have a chance?? Id like to let him get another year older, and I know there are bigger bucks around, but he isnt nocturnal at all, he may be a little easier to shoot,, I dont know what to do, I guess I will just have to wait and see when he shows himself.

graysonelement 09-16-2007 11:51 PM

i would shoot him hes nice!!!!!

Copper31 09-17-2007 04:54 AM

Nice bucks Angus.

Last night was a good night. I had three bucks under my stand feeding on acorns as they dropped. One was a real nice 8. I could not get him to stop. He was chasing 2 smaller bucks around. I had him at 13 yards and really thought about trying taking him on the move but figured I better not. I am glad I didn't, not long after they move out I had 2 very nice bucks walk behind my stand. Could not make how many points but I know one deer would have easily went 190 - 200lbs. They both had racks but it was getting dark so it was a bit hard to see. It was fun never the less.

graysonelement 09-17-2007 01:13 PM

thats great copper areyou gonna wait on those bucks now or what?

Copper31 09-18-2007 06:14 AM

I am not sure what I am going to do yet. I leave in 9 days for SD to do some mulie/wt hunting and I am hoping for a big one out there. I am not really a trophy hunter. I just like to go out and shoot something. I have 200 acres that borders farm fields as far as the eye can see and then lake Michigan on the other side of me and then some unhuntable state land. I am the only one that hunts my land so QDM is a bit hard. I just can't take enough doe to make a difference and the bucks are plentiful. Of courseI always would like to get a nice one but if someone else was to hunt on my land and they wanted to take a small buck I would have no problem with it at all. Also I am going to try and take one with a recurve so at that point as long as there are no spots it is mine.

graysonelement 09-18-2007 01:55 PM

yeah i understandwere your coming from dave is the mulie hunt you are going on guided or not? good luck with that an i hope you bring a big one in for the team

Copper31 09-18-2007 03:39 PM

The outfitter leaves it up to us if we want to be guided or not.. I think Iam just going to have him point out on a map to getme going in the right direction. We may take a ride the day we get there. I was told there is a really good river bottom thats some good whitetail. I may have to take a peak.I have an antlope tag to but that will be after the fact.

Copper31 09-20-2007 05:25 AM

Well it has been a slow week for me anyway. It has just been a bit to hot for a fat gut like me to be out hunting. Work has beating the heck out of me anyway. I just go home and sleep. I think it is timefor a change. Anyone need a Safety Director?

Anyway it has been quiet in here. I hope that everyone is either hunting or at least getting close. I know the feeling if your not.

I am planning on beingin thestand tonight. If for nothing else just to relax a bit. I am going to bring the recurve again.

Don't be afraid to check in and ramble a bit. It lets us know your still around.

Gook luck team.

Avalanche 09-20-2007 04:43 PM

Hey guys, just checking in. Spent the day scouting and found a nice rub line :). Plan on going up next week and putting up a stand just off the trail.

Angus74 09-20-2007 07:20 PM

Hey Guys, just stopping by and seeing whats going on. Im off now for 4 days, and if the weather is decently cool, Ill get in a tree a little bit. Im going to be out and around some I have to move a couple stands, and cut some wood. Im hoping for more rain, one of my plots is looking great, but the others have lots of seed on the ground, but no rain on them yet. Well guys get out there and let the air out of a few.

Copper31 09-20-2007 07:38 PM

Good night tonight. Reminded me of the rut. The bucks were chasing all over. Saw a doe with three fawns. Nothing really to shoot at as far as bucks go.

Matt/TN 09-20-2007 07:46 PM

Guys Saturday is the big day for me. I have to go to work from 10-7 so I can only hunt my backyard honey hole until about 830-9ish. Sunday I'll be up there early and then again in the afternoon.

Copper31 09-21-2007 08:28 PM

Good luck on Sat coug

Matt/TN 09-22-2007 03:17 AM

Guys I'm getting ready to head out. As I said, I won't be able to sit on stand long, because I have to go to work but tommorow I will hunt the morning and evening.

24/7 hunter 09-22-2007 07:09 AM

Hey everyone. No deer for me yet. I saw quite a few, but no shots. My dad got a doe opening night. It has been in the 70s and 80s this past week. We might go down to our lease for a hunt tonight. Good luck