HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201616-28-official-team-28-boiler-room-busters-thread.html)

Hoytteen 08-12-2007 05:43 PM

RE: 28 Official Team 28 thread

Hoytteen checking in.

My name is Bryan and am 17. I shoot a Hoyt Vectrix and gettin some Easton Axis this weekend so i should be shootin straight and consistant soon. Last year i shot a 98" 8-point and a 118" 8-point. There are deer in the 130-140 at my cabin now. possible bigger ones. I'm a hardcore hunter and are in the stand every weekend and possible week nights if i'm lucky to find land down home. I'm also getting a Moultrie I-40 this weekend so i'll have to set her out and give you some eye candy:D

Glad to be on board men!

Some teams names
-Arrow Ambushers
-Buck Brothers
-Buck Bomb squad

Copper31 08-12-2007 05:52 PM

Hey guys. I was out of town this weekend and was glad to see how many checked in.

Clay- I am from Northern WI. I live in the small town of Peshtigo.

I have a few nice bucks running around. I will be in SD the first week of October chasing whitetail and mulies on the missouri river bottom.

As far as a name and a captain I am good with what you guys want to do. Bone Busters Rack Attack Thats all that comes to mind right now.

Copper31 08-12-2007 06:29 PM

Still missing four people. Well give them some time.

Need a Capt yet.

Names ideas so far:

Boiler Room Busters
Bone Busters
Rack Attack
Arrow Ambushers
Buck Brothers
Buck Bomb squad

Matt/TN 08-12-2007 07:44 PM

Once we get everyone here, we can maybe vote on a captain and a name. As far as the bucks here, I have absolutely NO idea. Not getting hardly any buck pictures, acorn crop is horrible, and my best land is reliant on acorns. We'll see, there's potential for a 100" plus, but anything 6pt or better within bow range is getting shot at. I don't see as many deer as some but I make the most of the meetings I do get with them :D

Avalanche 08-12-2007 08:57 PM

My vote is for Boiler Room Busters (kinda reminds me of my favorite drink;)). As for Captain I'm for who ever you guys agree on, just don't pick me:D.

Matt/TN 08-12-2007 09:58 PM

I kinda fancy Boiler Room Busters myself. It hasn't been used before has it?

MN/Kyle 08-12-2007 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

looks like we are missing quiet a few people
They saw you were on the team and ran the other way:D...go team 11

Copper31 08-13-2007 08:57 AM

I can't have team 28 fall to the 2nd page.

I will take this time to tell you about myself and this seasons plans.

My name is Dave Dionne I am 29 married with 2 boys.(5&6) I hunt just about every day of the season. My wife is very understanding, sometimes. I will be bringing my boys in to the woods this year again. They get a kick out of it. I am also going to be huting a few days with my dads old recurve. I have practice for 2 years now and think I am good enough to take one with it. I have a lot of bucks around, then again I have a lot of does too.

I will be headed to SD for a mulie/whitetail hunt the first week in October so I am excited about that. Other then that I am just waiting for the season tostart here in WI. September 15 for us here.

Copper31 08-13-2007 01:21 PM

We fell to page 2 again and I am at work wishing I wasn't. Do we have any big buck only hunters on the team. I am not reallt a trophy hunter. I, like most guys,would love to get a 170 deer don't get me wrong. I really just like getting out and seeing deer. Shooting doesis just as much fun for me I think. My best so far is a 147" 10 point.5 1/2 year when aged. Well that should get us on the first page so we can be seen.

Avalanche 08-13-2007 03:02 PM

Were still missing alot of members. My goal is to take a doe prior to any buck this year as we have alot of does on the property. Of course if a Nice buck presents himself prior to that he's DDD(dead deer down).