HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201616-28-official-team-28-boiler-room-busters-thread.html)

longbowman2 11-01-2007 07:12 AM

RE: 28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread

The ice has been broken guys, now you all can get some real scores on the board. Good luck and shoot straight!

Copper31 11-01-2007 07:33 PM

Well guys I hit a very large doe tonight. It was a bit far back so I will be waiting until morn to get her. This will be my first deer with a recurve. It was my dads and hadn't been out hunting since the 70's. I put a new string on and have been shooting it for the last 2 years. Tonight was my first hunt with it.

Angus74 11-01-2007 08:36 PM

Congrats on hitting your doe, youll find her in the morning,, lots of guys scoring with the trad equip this year, good job!

Angus74 11-03-2007 06:21 PM

Well, copper??? Whats the status on your doe?? I cant get anything to come by my stand but does and little bucks[:@]I keep on getting pics of a couple shooters in the area, but they wont walk by while Im in the tree.. Sooner or later they have to. Anybody having any rut luck?

longbowman2 11-07-2007 07:08 AM

I know you're all busy hunting but are there any hunting updates out there? It's awful quiet. The season ends here in PA this Saturday but I don't know if there are any other PA hunters on our team.

Copper31 11-07-2007 10:06 AM

Sorry angus, I have been in the woods as much as possible. I recovered the doe. Weighed in at 162 lbs. She was big. It took some to find her but it was plenty cold that I didn't worry. Sorry I don't have any pics as of right now. I had for got my camera and all I had was a disposable. As soo as the wife takes them in I will post a couple.

The buck sightings have been limited. Last week they were running all over. With the wind that we had yesterday it was slow going. I am hoping it picks up this evening. We only have 2 weeks before rifle season starts. I would like to close the deal before that but if not I love hunting the late season too. Well good luck to you all. I will try and check in a but more, with any luck I'll have some pics.

24/7 hunter 11-10-2007 08:32 AM

well, im back from MO. We saw alot of deer, and I could have shot a 2 1/2 year old 8 point, but let him walk. I did see a 12 pointer about 18 or 20" wide at 70 yards chasing a doe. I figured he was about a 160 incher. I saw 4 different bucks chasing does, and rattled in 6 or 7 different bucks. My dad grizzed a nice 10 point, but we didnt find it. My brother shot a little 10 point the last morning. It was an awesome trip, but the best part of the rut was just starting in the last 2 days we could hunt.

Copper31 11-25-2007 07:56 PM

Well the orange army is out of the woods here in WI. I will be going out in the morn with the bow. The deer have been around. Still seeing good bucks and with any luck I hope to take one.

Angus74 12-27-2007 07:43 PM

Wow!!! I havent checked in in a long time, and figured everyone was wondering where I was,,,, boy was I wrong!!! No one elase has been checking in either. I guess we sure aint killin em this year,, I guess we wont be winning this thing.. Good luck the rest of the season guys.

longbowman2 12-28-2007 12:15 PM

Angus, I guess we're not a very social bunch of guys on this team! I am very curious as to how everybodys season has went. You really don't have to make a kill to have a good season even though that's what this thread is all about. I know, locally, that we've had some very good buck taken but the local pro-shop had over 200 entires in his buck pool and only had 15 deer registered! Here in PA the late season has kicked in and there's still some good buck running around. My son is still looking for horns and just maybe he'll make a kill. Good luck to all.