HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201616-28-official-team-28-boiler-room-busters-thread.html)

Angus74 08-14-2007 07:30 PM

RE: 28 Official Team 28 thread

Boiler Room Busters sounds fine to me too. What ever everyone likes, Im game for anything the team likes. So does anyone have any real "Gaggers" hanging around that they hope to get a crack at this year? Is there anyone on the team from anywhere near Missouri? I know Monsterbucks2011 is from St Louis I think, Hes a young guy. and I think he hunts near where I live sometimes during the turkey season, but Ive never met him yet. If anyone on the team is near Missouri or would like to hunt in Missouri this fall, let me know, Id like to meet some of the guys from here, and hunt with a new hunting buddy..lol. Ill post some pics if I can get a camera program on my computer,, I just got a new computer, and dont have a very good pic program yet, so I cant resize my pics to fit in here, and I never use hosting sites for my pics.. Hopefully Ill get something to look at in the next couple weeks. Talk to you guys later.

Matt/TN 08-14-2007 07:51 PM

I think Boiler Room Busters is the way to go, kinda catchy I think.

I'll see if ryanaller can muster something up for us, avatar wise.

I hate to say it, but this year I haven't seen hardly ANY good bucks. The acorn crop is dismal, we had a REALLY late freeze, pair that with a deep drought in June, and you aren't adding up to a good year. All that could mean the bucks just aren't that big this year, but I keep hoping and praying that the White Oaks happen to have a decent crop. That is what my hunting spot depends on, is acorns. Last year I saw a bunch of bucks early and then never saw half of them during the season. I'm hoping this year they show up just prior to season. Maybe I'll luck up.

As far as captain, I can do it if no one else wants it. If I were voting, I'd vote Copper.

Copper31 08-14-2007 08:09 PM

Coug I tell you last year my season started out with does and small bucks and then once the rut started man oh man, there were big bucks everywhere. Hang in there. I don't know about you but I am making this season fun. I kind of got caught up in it last year and may have ruined the season. I need to shoot a couple does and I plan to. But I am going to enjoy myself.

Angus good luck in Missouri. I had a team mate last year that scored a nice buck in Missouri if I remember right.

Matt/TN 08-14-2007 08:50 PM

I agree Copper. I want to make this year as fun as possible. Let's see if we can come up with a Boiler Room Buster avatar. Copper, you want to contact ryanaller?

Avalanche 08-14-2007 10:21 PM

Cougar I have no problem with you being Capatain, you seem to be the only one that wants it.
Acorns here in the Southern Tier are kinda hit and miss, But we have a great apple crop :D

Copper31 08-15-2007 05:56 AM

I will get in contact with him ryanaller for the avatar as long as everyong agrees to "Boiler Room Busters"

As far as Captain thanks for the vote Coug. It doesn't matter to me who it is. I am fine with it. There really isn't much to it.

Copper31 08-15-2007 06:30 AM

Ipm'd ryanaller to see if he would assist us.

Took a ride to my cabin last night and watched the field for a while. A couple of decent young 8's came out and fed for a while. The best I could tell they were about 2 1/2. Maybe a 15" spread. They were identical though. Lots of doe and a half dozen small bucks. I didn't stick around to long maybe a half hour so I was happy to see what I saw.

Angus74 08-15-2007 08:31 AM

Hey guys. We fell to the second page again.... we just cant have that.lol Yeah Copper,,its nice this time of year to be able to go watch the best fields in the area, and you will probably see a lot of whats around for the year, Ive been doing the same around here, seeing some good bucks. I picked up a new lease this year with some hayfields on it, I cant wait to get out there and see whats hitting them. Around here its going to be all about food plots, and fields, no acorns at all. I wish my plots were further along, and my fruit trees were big and producing... Talk to you all later.

Angus74 08-15-2007 05:45 PM

He guys, I thought Id give us something to look at,, Ive got to get my cameras out again, and get some more pics of these guys, but heres a couple pics of bucks I know made it through the season, and are still on or close to my farm. This first one,, I had a great encounter with,, but missed, I know,, it sucked,, I thought I was going to be sick.

Angus74 08-15-2007 05:51 PM

Heres a buck I have tons of pictures of but have yet to see him in person, I wanted to kill him bad last year, but didnt get it done, he has a huge body, but a weak left side, dont know why, but it was also very weak the year before. Im thinking from the two years of pics I have of him, he is 3 1/2 years old here in fall of 06.

Angus74 08-15-2007 05:59 PM

Heres another,, he was very hit and miss all throught the season, and I only laid eyes on him once and he was out of range, but as soon as season ended, he showed up and stayed very close by up until antler drop, hopefully he will be around more during season this year, he also has lots of potential. I cant wait, theres others that I got pics of regularly until they dropped their horns, mostly 120 class bucks, but theyll be bigger this year.

Avalanche 08-15-2007 07:07 PM

Great looking Buck Angus! Just imagine what he's gonna be like this year :)

Copper31 08-15-2007 07:10 PM

Nice bucks Angus. Lets hope you connect with one of them.

Mantis Mayer 08-15-2007 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Avalanche

I thought I would give you a little history on myself: I'm a retired Police Officer with 25 years on the job, I still work parttime for the PD but I take all of the Fall off for hunting. We have 320 acres in Steuben County NY that is pretty ideal IMHO. We have managed the property for almost 10 years and have taken a few nice bucks off of it. There are four other bowhunters in our group (one of which is mantis mayer of team 10, not that he stands a chance of getting anything;)) so there's plenty of room to hunt.
Ivan here has five cameras out on that property and cant even get a picture of the buck I'm downing this year.

Avalanche 08-15-2007 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Mantis Mayer

Ivan here has five cameras out on that property and cant even get a picture of the buck I'm downing this year.
That's because he only exists in your imagination:D

Copper31 08-16-2007 07:41 AM

Longbowman replyed to a pm and should be on board shortly. We are only missing monsterbucks and we are there.

longbowman2 08-16-2007 08:33 AM

OK guys I'm finally checking in. I'm from NW Pennsylvania in the 4 point on one antler restriction area. I'm probably the old timer on the team having been bowhunting since before compounds we invented. As you can tell by my name I'm not a wheel shooter but I've managed to bag game all over the country. I have 600+ private acres of prime farm land that I hunt and we have some good horns around. Hopefully I can contribute to the team.

Copper31 08-16-2007 10:07 AM

Welcome Bowman. It doesn't matter what you hunt with as long as you hunt. I am actually going to be giving the old bear recurve a try this year. I am excited because it was my dads bow and the last thing he shot with it was a black bear in 77. That was back when if you saw a black bear you could shoot it in WI.

In put on a name and team captain is need by all.

Avalanche 08-16-2007 11:35 AM

Welcome aboard Bowman!

longbowman2 08-16-2007 11:50 AM

Boiler Room Busters sounds good to me and Copper31 seems just fine as a captain. Those are my votes!

Angus74 08-16-2007 06:23 PM

Welcome to the team Longbow,, and like he said, my votes are for Copper and the Boiler Room Busters..

Copper31 08-16-2007 08:14 PM

It look like it was agreed by most that we are now the Boiler Room Busters.

I am still working on an avatar so hang in there.

We are still waiting for one more member. I have pm'd him so i may email also.

Picked up my arrows tonight from the pro shop, cant wait to get in the woods.

Matt/TN 08-17-2007 02:59 PM

I really like our name! Thats 3 teams I've named in the last 2 years now :)

Copper31 08-17-2007 03:09 PM

RE: 28 Official Team Boiler Room Busters thread

Its got a ring to it.

Missing one member and an avatar. Working on both.

Angus74 08-17-2007 07:03 PM

I cant wait to get in the woods either, I picked up my arrows Monday, and got em wrapped and fletched, working on some fine tuning, and Ill be ready. Hopefully be tilling plots early next week. Its getting close guys...

KYDeerHunter03 08-17-2007 09:45 PM

Hey I am supposed to be designing an avatar for your team. Does anyone have any suggestions for what you would like to have on it. Just let me know or I can just check back here. Thanks

Matt/TN 08-17-2007 11:42 PM

Just make up some samples, be creative...

KYDeerHunter03 08-18-2007 06:58 AM

Here is one

KYDeerHunter03 08-18-2007 07:12 AM

Here is another

Avalanche 08-18-2007 08:45 AM

I like the first one.

Avalanche 08-18-2007 09:03 AM

I'm having a major problem with the neighbors cows[:@]They have destroyed more food plots over the years. The owner died recently and I think his widow is just letting the cows "free roam". I spoke with the daughter and shehas no idea what they are going to do with the cows.

KYDeerHunter03 08-18-2007 09:23 AM

Hey guys I suck at making avatars. lol Elkslayer does an awesome job. see if he can make you one cuz I know mine are really crappy.:)

Avalanche 08-18-2007 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: KYDeerHunter03

Hey guys I suck at making avatars. lol Elkslayer does an awesome job. see if he can make you one cuz I know mine are really crappy.:)
I thought you did a great job!

Copper31 08-18-2007 10:23 AM

Cool Avatar. KYDeerHunter03 did a wonderful job.

Avalanche 08-18-2007 03:25 PM

Heres a couple of new pics for this week. Not bad bucks for this area.

Avalanche 08-18-2007 03:25 PM

And another:

dangolbowhunter 08-18-2007 08:14 PM

Hey guys. I've been so busy w/ work I haven't had a chance to chime in recently. I like the name and avatar...nice work fellas.
I'm going on my first hunt next weekend and I'm stoked. Its still very hot, but I can't pass up the opportunity at an early season buck on QDM land. I normally hunt a small private tract of 250 acres or SC WMA land. My new job keeps me on the road all over the state, which will afford me the opportunity to hunt WMA statewide this season. I've already created a spreadsheet w/ WMA seasons which I'll use to plan my sales calls. So I can spend as much time on stand this year as possible.
The guy thats taking me hunting on his land next week is a good friend thats trying bowhunting for the first time this year. He picked up a FBear Code a couple of weeks ago and I helped him set it up. After a quick tuning session, the guys shooting 4" groups at 40yds. I was impressed, considering hes only shot a bow a couple of times.
Well, I hope all is well w/ you guys.
Lets hunt smart this year and bag some mature bucks. Good luck.

Matt/TN 08-19-2007 08:55 AM

here is a TN monster ;). He has a white spot behind his ear.

Matt/TN 08-19-2007 08:55 AM

again

Matt/TN 08-19-2007 08:56 AM

RE: 28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread

last one