HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201616-28-official-team-28-boiler-room-busters-thread.html)

longbowman2 09-05-2007 11:14 AM

RE: 28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread

I'm from NW PA. I did a lot of serious scouting this weekend and saw 7 different buck up close. I'm in a 4 pt. on one antler restricted zone and of the 7 3 were legal. I'm hunting with a 70# Bear Mag. T.D. with cedar arrows and 200 gr. ACE heads. I've taken 50+ big game animals with my bow. That should answer all the questions that's been asked so far!

graysonelement 09-05-2007 12:30 PM

yeah its starting to cool off here in texas it went from the upper 90s to the lower 80s with this front that we are getting from the hurricanes its also bringing some good sokeing rain

Avalanche 09-05-2007 02:56 PM

It's gonna be in the 90's for the next couple of days and it hasn't rained in ten.

Angus74 09-05-2007 08:05 PM

Hey guys, its finally raining here in Missouri, I planted one of my plots today, and hope to do the rest tomorrow or the next day. I bought a new trailcam and got a lot of pic the first time out with it, including one really nice 9 pointer with a wide rack. Hows everybody holding up waiting for season?

graysonelement 09-05-2007 11:22 PM

man angus im about to go nutts!!! i still got 3 weeks n it feels like forever!

Copper31 09-06-2007 06:09 AM

Well Ang Sept. 15th can't come soon enough. Hanging by a thread right now.

But I have some good news. I figured why I was shooting like crapola. I went to the eye dr and we got to talking about hunting and I was telling him I was having problems shooting. He asked me what kind of target I was shooting at. 3d or other? I told him it was just a cheap block target with 4 yellow rings on the ends and a deer drawing on the sides. Well to make a long story short I have something wrong with my eyes that will not allow them to focus on one object if it is bright in color or of the same shape. He then asked if I golf, I said yes. He asked do you have to remoce all of the other used tees from the t-box. I told him I did otherwise they distraced me. So basically he said stop shooting at the rings and use a 3d target and I should be fine. I tried it last nignt and I could not believe the difference.

graysonelement 09-06-2007 10:05 PM

thats bad but good news all in one im glad you figured your problem out is there any way he can correct it

Copper31 09-07-2007 06:42 AM

Actually it really isn't that big of a problem. It is due to an issue caused to many concusions. I don't have post concusion syndrome but something close. No real way to fix it unless I wear glasses but it isn't a hazard or a real health concern. I am just hapy it wasn't my bad shooting.

The rain is coming down hard here this morning. It is a sight for sore eyes. 8 sleeps and I am in the woods boys.

graysonelement 09-07-2007 10:50 AM

well thats good news then copper yeah its still raining here in texas also we got about 3 or 4 more days before it clears off. I was just wondering how old are you guys and what do you do for a living im 21/firefighter/emt

Copper31 09-07-2007 11:47 AM

I am 29 and I am a fulltime Safety Consultant, part time DJ and at one time I was a police officer.