Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread! >

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Old 11-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Well its not the biggest buckI'vetaken but he has a big body and I'm more than pleased.He has already gone to the butcher and I will "try" and score him when I get the rack back. Must be a link somewhere on how to score them.

Anyway... I was in the woods before 5AM with shooting light not coming until after 6:30. Before I climbed up into the stand I misted and rag dragged away from my stand like I always do. I never drag going in cause I was told once that a buck will follow the trail back to where you started the drag because that where the scent is the strongest. I also fired off one of those silly "Buck Bombs" that got me two bucks last year and brought in one I shot but did not recover on monday. (Story on XBowforum).

It was still darker than my wifes heartand I could hear bucks fighting out at 50 yards along with deer just walking under my stand which I could notsee. Just before first light I heard a buck beating up a scape I have been sweetening up. He was thrashing trees and making a hell of a racket. Never heard a buck grunting like this guy was just working a scrape.

I had a little 5pt walk under me and usually I would shoot that in a heartbeat but I held off. 10 minutes laterI hear this guy strolling thru the woods in my direction. He was foolish enough to walk into my 20 yard shooting lane and I thumped him good. He ran 30 yards and folded. I got lots of lung and cut a hole thru his heart.

I included a picture of his overbite. I have never seen a bottom jaw shorter than the top jaw. It's odd...

Old 11-02-2007, 07:07 PM

Good job Planter! Nice buck!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Very Nice buck planter! Way to get the team going again!

Yesterday was probably one of the most exciting hunts for me in my short 3 year span of bowhunting. I sat out all day in my favorite stand that i had been saving for the rut. Saw my first sparring match between two bucks to my side in a creek. It was pretty awesome seeing them go at it and splashing water everywhere. About 20 minutes before dark i saw a descent 8 pointer behind me about 50 yards working a scrap, but he never ended up giving me a shot.
Although i didnt get a deer this was definatly a hunt i will always remember!
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 PM

Default RE: 35-Official Team 35 Thread!

Hey! Tikka! you suck!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not scored the first deer I popped for the contest but I wish it was this one instead. A real hog for my area and an awful big job getting him 3/4 of a mile out of the woods.

Xbow at 15 yards from a ground blind. Bolted and folded at 30 yards away. Slammed thru both lungs. I hope to get him weighed today. I know I'm getting old but this was like pulling a truck out of there. He has great mass is is an old fella I think.

Another 20 mile from boston deer....I still have 5 doe tags and no one who wants a deer so it looks like I'm done for the season.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi guys ... sorry about not posting in awhile but I had a short stay in the hospital again , my C O P D acted up atfer my Hillsdale hunting trip.
I was in there for five days but I went out hunting again thedayafter I got out and been trying to make up for lost time ever since with no luck so far.
I've got four more days before gun season starts and you can bet I'll be out those four days , I wont go out opening day of gun for the reason of too many gun toting crazy yahoos out there.
I will continue to hunt untill I fill my tag and score one forthe team but not on opening day of gun season , I've been shot at enough already.
Mike and Planter ... congrats to you both on your bucks and Little Cheif , I'm glad to hear your back in the game.
I wonder how the young ones are doing ... I might have to send them a P M or E-Mail , I hope they are doing well and will get in touch soon.
Take care everybody and I'll try to check in more offten.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's going on, fellas? I'm sitting around the camp fire at our deer camp in Missouri. My nephew brought his laptop. It just doesn't seem right to be at camp and be online. This is public land in southern Missouri, and it's apain, but it's a good placeToday was the season opener. I saw fifteen deer today. The only buck I saw was a spike. The button buck didn't count, of course. My brother killed a six point this morning and my nephew took a four point this evening. I'm holding out for something bigger. We're hunting here until Tuesday, then we're headed back to Arkansas where I"ll hunt through Thursday, then I'm headed back to Northern Missouri to hunt through the following Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to take something decent at some point.
Well, my beer's getting warm..... I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Hi guys ... sorry about not posting in awhile but I had a short stay in the hospital again , my C O P D acted up atfer my Hillsdale hunting trip.
I was in there for five days but I went out hunting again thedayafter I got out and been trying to make up for lost time ever since with no luck so far.
I've got four more days before gun season starts and you can bet I'll be out those four days , I wont go out opening day of gun for the reason of too many gun toting crazy yahoos out there.
I will continue to hunt untill I fill my tag and score one forthe team but not on opening day of gun season , I've been shot at enough already.
Mike and Planter ... congrats to you both on your bucks and Little Cheif , I'm glad to hear your back in the game.
I wonder how the young ones are doing ... I might have to send them a P M or E-Mail , I hope they are doing well and will get in touch soon.
Take care everybody and I'll try to check in more offten.
The coolest "young one" is still here. I'm holding off on bow hunting for this week because of gun season coming up. I'll be hunting the 9 day gun season and then holding off for another week or two (might hunt around the house). Then I plan on hunting the late season pretty hard, so hopefully I can connect. Hope all you old foagies can stay healthy and bag us some more bucks, like you have been!! Looks like me and the fellow youngins are falling behind here
Old 11-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow guys whats up I'v been out of town for a while and had a ball hunted in Maine for 10 days and was a bust I guess there off to a slow start this year up there and then in Ct. fof a couple days and whamm what a time I shot 3 deer with the rifle. What a great time. This is my biggest

Here is a group photo of the guys I hunt with minus my son who had to leave for home in Ga. before the photo was taken.

I tell you I love this trip and look so forward to it every year. good company and good hunting. Good luck guys and keep pluging remember it ani't over till its over.

Great looking deer Planter. Mass sure has some real nice Bucks. I hope to fine one during the shotgun season or the muzzle loader.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys i've been hunting hard for the last couple of weeks and i still have not been able to connect. Unfortunatly a pretty big 10 pointer that i've been after was killed on Friday during gun hunting. I'm happy for the hunter who killed him but it definatly gets frustrating when you spend hours upon hours bowhunting this buck and another hunter goes out and shoots him withen the first couple of hours of hunting for the year.

Quick Reply: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.