Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread! >

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Old 10-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

My season has not yet opened so I can babble.. Brought home the biggest cardboard box I have ever seen from work.. It was all folded up but has to measure 6x6X5ft with a top. I cut in some windows and let my daughter hit it real good with black and brown $1 a can spray paint. I brushed it in pretty good and will return in a couple of weeks when it's all settled in.It's more like a kids fort than a blind but it is in a great spot. Looking back as I walked away it looked pretty darn goodand I felt pretty goofy...
Old 10-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Little Chief!
I havent scored a deer yet but got a turkey this morning.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

great looking turkey there leverdude! I to have not scored on a buck yet. Things seems to be going pretty slow around here. I've been out 3 times and have only seen 2 deer. My last hunt was in one of my favorite stands that usually has deer littered everywhere and i saw nothing. Hope the rest of you guys are having a good season so far
Old 10-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK guys I'm not promising anything but I just hit a a buck. At 8:05 am he came right down the trail Iwalked in on got about 23 yards and turned broadside I let the arrow fly but hit him low. I got out of the tree at 9:00 and found a pile of white hair also found my arrow which had green on the broad head and blood up and down the shaft and fletching. I followed for about 30 yarda and found where the blood was pouring out of it. Then I got the heck out of dodge. Its 11:00 now I'm going to leave about 1:00 and go see if I can find it. Wish me luck its either a 6 or a 8 pointer.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go Mike I wish you luck on finding him , sounds like you may have cut his belly open hopefuly he'll be already gutted when you find him.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Atta boy Mike.. Go get him!! I saw squat this AM but it sure was a nice morning. 40 degrees with a very light steady breeze. Looks like fall is weeks behind schedule here in the NE.. Lots of scrapes being opened and worked now. Congrats I hope!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Any news yet Mike?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well team ... how's everybody doing ?
I'm having a rough time here and it's getting a little fustrating to say the least , it seems like every time I go out I'm not seeing any deer or turkeys for that matter.
I'll take that back ... I was out for an early morning hunt and just about 7:50 am I heard something behind me , when I turned around to look I saw what I thought was a good size doe.
Turns out this deer slowly walks to the right side of me just twenty yards from my stand and I saw it was a buck , now this buck stops in a little clearing and I saw it's rack.
His rack was nothing but the main beams , no tines on him at all but it has a nice shape to it anyway I couldn't get a shot at him because of angle.
As he walked away I tried grunting at him to come back with no luck then about an hour later I hear shot gun blast off in the distance.
Now I'm thinking ( POUCHER'S ) darn it no wonder I'm not seeing anything even when I go out for an evening hunt I hear BAM BAM BAMjust when it's starting to get dark.
It's raining out here today so I'm just sitting here typing my butt off on this site , I'll go back out tomorow for an all day hunt weather permiting.
Maybe I'll move my treestand to a diffrent spot where someone told me thereis some fresh rubs and scrapes and with any luck Ijust might see what kind of bucks are making them.
Sorry about the ranting and the boo hooing but I just had to vent a little , I'll keep in touch and Mike please let us knowif you found that deer you shot.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

wow sorry to hear about the bad luck RDHunter. I sure hope thats not poachers that were shooting those shots. I hate when poachers get the guts to shoot deer with a shotgun during bow season.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:34 PM

Not much happening down here guys. It's just been too hot to hunt. I did manage to kill a doe last week, so I have meat in the freezer.

I finally have a mature buck some what patterned. We just need some cold weather fast!

I leave for Illinois in about 3 weeks! I'm very excited about that trip!

Ya'll mid west boys should be getting into the action pretty soon. I still have a good month and a half before things get going good down here.

Good luck all

Quick Reply: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.