Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread! >

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Old 08-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Spent the day out inthe woods I hunt in with the metal detector looking for a couple of shipyards from the 1600's.Didn't find the shipyards but found two sheds. Half a nice 10 point and half of a little eight. I "think" I saw the10 last year and it's nice to know he madeit thru.
One of the spots is great. Can only get there with hip boots and on the wrong tide that would not be good enough. For some reason no one follows me out there.
I was also making faces at a doe standing about 5 yards away. She took forever to bolt and my wind was right in her face. I coulda roped her. I wonder if she knows that she better be more careful if we meet again..
Old 08-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Planter,
Sounds like you had a good time. It never worked out for me to get a chance to scout my opening weekend hunting spot. I'll have to trust my friends knowledge of his property. It's hard to believe that two weeks from tomorrow I'll be there getting ready. I'm really getting excited.
I saw Illinois & Tikka here when I logged in. You guys still around?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Little Chief on your good news.I know it may be minor but any surgery is sceary.
Planter that spot sounds like a great spot especially when the deer get pressured I would definetly get a plan together for that spot.
RD I envy you I wish I could find a good archery shop around here. Its so hard causethere are so few shops around here that they all do great business and the owners don't have to work there no more and they pay these guys crap that work for themso when you find a good one he dosen't stay very long and now its mostly young kids that work there. The last time I went to Reedys the kid coulden't loosen a bolt so he was just getting ready to take a hammer to it. I stoped him just in time. What if I wasn't there. And how many other bows did he work on. I'll never go there again. The only other one is 50 miles away and the jury is stillout on that shop. If I want and good work done I have to go over 150 miles. To hear me talk youwould think I live way out in the country but I live inthe largest City South of Boston.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hammers work fine for loosening bolts on farm equipment, but on bows?? Are you serious about that? I guess good help really is hard to find.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think I wouldn't be to happy about someone taking a hammer to my bow either , I might end up taking that hammer to the guys head ( just kidding ) I'm not a violent person.
I would like to know what all of you think about these " T - Shirts " this one guy on this site has done for this contest.
Would you like to have some made up with our team name and logo on them or just get the one's that are already done ?

Old 08-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Mike... Reedy's is not bad if you select the bow monkey you want to work on your bow. Chris is great but far to busy to give you the proper attention even when your dropping big bucks. I wish I could remember the other guy's name who is real good.
I bought my daughter a Browning Micro Medalian "or is it an adrenaline"there last year which I figure should have been a great bow with the ability to upgrade the limbs to enough poundage to hunt with. Well,the snot nose little high school kid who set it up backed the limbs out FAR more than he should have to keep them seated in the pockets so she could draw the bow.
Well, after a couple of days of shooting the limbs popped out of the pockets quite violently.Rather then take it back to the chump who set it up I sent it right to Browning. 10 days later the bow was returned with no problems.
One other minor problem I had with them not to long ago is that I asked for a dozen 100gr. field tips. Well they thru in some 70gr and some 125gr tips just forfun.
Archery USA in Dedham used to be real good. They specialize in target and olympic training but they do have good techs. Just keep in mind that they are not hunters which does not matter I don't think.One of the few places you can shoot paper for tuning purposes and use a decent chrony. If you do go up there or chat with them, let me know. I have not been there in a couple of years.Who else would you go to???
OH YES... On price, Reedy's is joke. gouge you big time for everything. They basically have the market cornered.
WOW that was long winded without much substance.......
Old 08-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Planter,
I hate to bash someone but since you and I are the only ones in here who know who we are talking about I will say this. I went to them for a simple string and harness 2 years ago(last time I was there). I had to go back 4 times to get it right. The clerk started telling me I bought the wrong size bow and that it is as good as I am going to get it. Well I bought the bow there Chris set me up with it and it wasn't acheep set up. I was pissed to say the least. About that time Chris came in had me draw the bow took it went downstairs was gone 20 min. came back hadme draw it again made a couple small adjustments and I was good as new. He does fine work but he is never there or he will work on your bow for a couple min. put it down work on a couple more for a few min come back to you no way to do business. And the monkeysthat work for him well They will never touch my bow again. I have been going to Jans in Fall rivershe seems to know what she is doing but I havn't given them anything very hard, they did make me a new string and harness and it was right the first time so thats a positive. There is a shop in Spencerma thats suppos to be verygood it is a shame to have to go that far but if thats what I have to do I will.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big Bump
Old 09-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys i've got some good news in the past couple of days. My dad and I finally heard back from our neighbor whom we had asked if we could hunt on his land and he said yes. So next weekend i'll be going out to hang stands. Would be going out tommorrow but the temp. is supposed to get up to 94 here[]
Yesterday i talked to a neighbor bordering my uncles property if i could possibly park my truck on his land when i go bowhunting and he was completly fine with it. This helps so much because before i would have to walk two hundred yards through woods just to get to my favorite stand. Well not anymore now i can just walk about 50 yards on there field to get to my stand.
Things are looking great!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is good news Illinoisbow , I wish and your Dad the best of luck.
I went out Saturday to hang my stand and I was pleased to see they'er still coming to my mineral lick.
Heres a picture of my treestand although it might be hard to see but thats the main idea of it's location.

The mineral lick is only thirteen yards away.

Quick Reply: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.