Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread! >

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Old 08-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

I won this from another site last year for that buck I posted a photo of. Its a roving Plaque the winner from the state has his name engraved in it with the date and the Lbs and Points (P+P) and you keep it for a year until some one wins it for that year of corse you can repeat and have back to back years. Which I hope to do this year.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forgot one! Now I'm done bragging!!

Old 08-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you sure your done look like you you don't have room for any more .... you might as well send the rest to me , I'll PM you with my address.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Must be nice, fellas.

I haven't posted much in the past couple of days. Anything new going on?

I spent the night at the hospital last night having a "sleep study" done. I got almost no sleep with all of those electrodes attached to me. It's only 9:20, and I'm exhausted. I'm too old for this.

Monday, I'm headed to Jackson, TN to have an MRI done on my shoulder (torn rotator cuff). I'm still trying to figure out exactly what to do if they say I need surgery. I had decided before to wait until I retire to get it done in that event, but everyone is saying to get it done before I retire. You know what that will mean.... no bow hunting.[:@] Hopefully it won't be bad enough to need surgery. After everything I've done to get ready, I'd just about break down and cry if I couldn't bow hunt this year. You guys will know as soon as I do, 'cause I'm sure you'd need another teammate to replace me in that event. I hate having to make big decisions.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear about that Little Chief , I hope and pray that everything will come out good and you won't need the operation.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lil Chief,
I'm not trying to tell you how to run your life (God knows I have a hard enough time with mine) But I would wait until after retirement to get the sergery. You will be able to pick your own medical staff of more then quilified Dr.s with proven records. This is not always true of Navy surgens as I am sure after 20+ years I'm sure you know. Thats just my advice. But you know what they say about opinions. Good luck either way.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,
Feel free to tell me how to run my life.... I'll do the same and we'll probably both be better off for it.
I know what you mean. Actually, there's no Naval Hospital here. It's all done by referrals to civilian providers, and if I do elect to have the surgery before I retire, it'll be done at Sports Orthopedic and Spine in Jackson, TN. Same place that's doing the MRI. They're supposed to be one of the absolute best. Either way, before or after, it'll be done by a civilian agency. My REAL worry in waiting is the off chance that I'll be sent to a VA hospital for surgery.[:@] Nope. No thank you. I'll just live with it.
Of all the reasons to put it off, deer hunting is first and foremost in my mind. Second is having one arm in a sling and trying to find a job at the same time. I guess my priorities are all mixed up.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck to you and your team this year RD. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE SAFE!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

I hope everything works out for you LittleChief and i hope God might be able to make your decision a little easier for you.I guess i will have a lot to look forward to when i get older.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illinois,
Thanks for the thoughts. I'm really hoping to put this off until after bow season ends, or at least until sometime in October so that I can have a month of bow hunting. I'd be so disappointed if I didn't get to bow hunt after sinking so much money into getting set up, not to mention all the learning and practice.

Quick Reply: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.