Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread! >

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Sorry to hear that RD, go get one tommorrow! As for me, its all about the rifle this weekend. Those deer got me so mad after my opening weekend fiasco that I need to go take out my frustrations on the youth hunt. I'll be sure to bring my weapon though this time.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ours is comming a week from Monday our archery season opens. I have now got 8 stands hung in Mass. And I am fighting with myself in my mind which one to go to opening day. I figure I'll take the first deer that comes by my stand and get the monkey off my back and then go into stelth mode for a large buck. But you know the best laid plans of mice and men. Good Luck guys I'll be getting out soon myself. I swear to got we are the last state in the country to open some kind of deer season.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea Mike I know all about those well laid plans , thanks Ill and Tikka but my second day didn't go all that well either .
Got into my stand well before first light with hopes of seeing that nice eight point basket rack I've told you all about only to be dissappointed by watching some other hunter wonder aimlessly around the woods , after four hours of him walking back and forth , in and out I climbed down and talked to him.
Sure enough he was lostwhen I asked him ( are you lost ) he just looked at me and said" no ... I'm looking for my truck " ....kinda made me wonderif he was playing with a full deck, if you know what I mean.
Anyway my second day was shot andit's suposse to rain again on Wednesday but Thursday and Friday are going to be clear and sunny which is cool with me.
Octorber 4th is my opener for my fall turkey hunt , so I'll be hunting for both deer and turkey the nexttime I go out.
I wish and hope all of you the best of luck when you guys go out and be safe out there ... oh I almost forgot to remind you all about rule No. # 7 ,make sure you guys read that one and please follow it to the letter.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least you guys are hunting!!! I still have to wait TWO weeks. Lets get some points on the board. It looks like some nice deer have been taken but not many so we pretty much got this thing in the bag..ARG.....
Old 10-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our time is comming Planter. a week from monday and we will be out there too.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, fellas, I know RD has already seen my post, but I did get two does. I sure hope I didn't make a mistake passing on the 6 pointer. It was a small rack. I'm guessing he was only 1 1/2 years old. Still, I would have made a contribution to the team. I'll just have to have faith that my last weekend (this weekend) will produce.
I made a fatal, stupid mistake my last morning hunting. I had found a SWEET spot in another stand of white oaks with a trail that looked like a hiking trail running through it. I placed my stand the afternoon before and sneaked out to wait for morning. That morning in the dark, I rode my quad to within a quarter mile of the stand, drove it into the woods, parked and walked the rest of the way in. As soon as I could see my tree, I turned my light off and climbed up in the dark. I had just gotten to my hunting height and hadn't even pulled my bow up and I heard a deer under me. It must have been a young uneducated one since he obviously was there while I was climbing, andit stayed there while I (as quietly as I could) screwed in my bow hanger and hauled my bow up. Eventually, it left. I didn't see another deer. When I finally left, I was looking at where I parked my quad. Know what I did wrong??? I swear... I parked the stupid thing directly on the trail. I even back-tracked to see if it was the same trail, but I knew before I did that it was. Next weekend, I'll park another half a quarter up the road.
Still, I'm not too disappointed. I did take two deer, and I have meat in the freezer and memories that will last forever. One thing that was strange.... I never trembled at all. No shakes. I had practiced so much since February when I got my first bow that everything was second nature. I'm still pumped up about it.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the deer(s) LittleChief! Hope you get another crack at a buck!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Little Chief at least you have meat for the freezer. Big bucks sure look nice but them small doe's do taste much better.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike!!!! Don't forget you can get extra doe tags X2 online right now.I just picked up to more Z11 tags not that I need more than I have already. If I fill a doe tag and use both my buck tags I guess I will have done just fine. Always nice to have and at $5 each it's a bargain.

I might have missed something guys but aren't we supposed to be in the lead???
Old 10-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got them planter I gor 3 zone 11 and 2 zone 10 if I fill all my tags I will really be doing something. Although I shot 7 deer last year. Had a big dinner at the club and invited everyone. Was a great party. Com on Monday.

Quick Reply: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.