Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

congrats kidd!! thats awesome!

we finally got completely moved in saturday....boy moving stinks...7 full hours of JUST moving stuff from one house to another saturday..plus some friday and 8 loads last saturday and sunday..plus mom and dad took stuff every night in between...

now the unpacking begins [:'(] i dont know how im gunna cope...my room is 1/4 of the size it used to be...i got lucky and had a basement room in the last house...i forget what it measured, but it was huge..now im in a normal bedroom...i didnt even start unpacking...i dont have anywhere to put my stuff lol...do have a small basement room for my hunting gear..real nice house though..perfect for the parents...which is the important thing seeing how my sister and i will both be outta college here real quick...i can live for another 2 years or whatever...

pain in the butt though...im whopped..

on a good note, we had a buck running on the road infront of the house yesterday afternoon...spike with a brow on one side..other had a big nub...looked busted off...sister got some pics, i will post one later on..should be good hunting out the back door...my lock on in my orchard is right up the hill from the house..i can walk to it now lol...dont know how much i will hunt out the back door...id really like to see dad get back into hunting a little more...after seeing that buck he says he wants to now...so i may not hunt back there much at all...i will this year just taking the flinter for a walk checking things out...not that i dont know the land...been hunting there for years..just never ventured to THAT part of the woods because of the houses...

hopefully dads 3006 barks one morning up on the hill and wakes me up outta bed...

keep at it boys...hopefully your all still hunting!! lol
Old 11-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Is the general archery season over for the rst of you huys like it is here in PA?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

We go tilDec 31st here in MN. The shotgun/rifle season ended on Sunday muzzleloader opens Nov 24. Both the big boys went down one by slug one by car. The big boy had a broadhead in him from earlier in the season when we thought he gothit and lost but he got smacked by a car on Sat morning. The one on the left I guess was somewhere in the 150s and the right unoffically went 179 he's the one that got whacked by a car 1/4 mile east of our hunting spot heading west. I used to party hunt with the guy that hit him so I went over and seen him he was massive.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:01 AM

great job on the Mule deer Kidd.

Wake, sorry to hear the big one was hit by a car [:@]

Tomorrow I will be heading a little north for the WI gun opener.

Keep at it guys and good luck!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

take the bow buck knife [8D]
Old 11-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone hunting still?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

was wondering the same thing wake...

hopeful we got a few guys still hunting...really surprised at how things went..all our bucks were early season bucks...

who knows...the rest of the guys could put down some bigguns and are hiding from the media for a bit
Old 11-21-2007, 08:01 AM

I'm still out there hitting it hard. I have seen a lot of bucks just not the hammer that I'm looking for. I will be out all day tomorrow and Friday prior to our gun opener on Saturday. I'm going to lower the standards and lay the smackdown on the first half decent buck that I see.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

It aint over yet boyz..... we only need like 400 points to win[8D]
Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 AM

Well guys I got one on the ground. Notthe monster I was hoping for but hes meat in the freezer. I decided on a dark to dark sit on Friday the last day before gun season opened. I hadn't seen anything all morning, about 1pm I hear a grunt not to far away from me in some thick laurel. I hear the grunt again and it's getting closer, well about 15 yds from my stand a little doe pops out and this guy is on her tail, I see 5 on the one side and decided to whack him. The doe moved right under my stand and he followed her and was about 3 yards from the base of my tree when I drilled him. Caught the top of the left lung and the bottom of the right one, he only made it 50 yards before he piled up.

I'm happy with him, hes asolid little public land buck and will add a few inches to our total.

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.