Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

heck ya i didnt see the video thing! let us know!

pretty poopy day for me. face is wind burnt, ear hurts again(ear i had the infection in not long ago) it was windier than all get out..a tree blew over not far from me around 5pm...i figured that was a sign to leave if there ever was one.

did a little scouting and found that they moved farther back this year. only 1 sorry excuse of a rub where i setup..usually its rubs and scrapes galore...farther in i found a FRESHLY hit scrape and a decint number of rubs..1 was about 6" thick...

instead of following the trails out i climbed the hill and follwed the ridge out. sat down at the top of the hill to cool down...stood up and took a couple steps and off ran a deer. funny i was 500yds away down the same ridge and it wasnt windy over there know where i will hunt next time its windy...

ohhh well. beat the heck out of whatever else i woulda been doin today...going to try to send dad to that spot i found the rubs at in rifle season if he hunts...we had a honey hole 500yds in the other direction but the thicket grew up and quit holding deer...the spot i found today will really be better in rifle..its gunna be THICK bowhunting..if i can even find a tree...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:41 AM

I will take a free video as well. Thanks for offering that to us.

I haven't been bowhunting much the last week, weather has been warm plus ML season was in so the woods were full of smoke polers. Once the rain slows down I will be out every day for the rest of the week, we finally have some cooler temps in MD. Rut is starting to warm up a little bit, lot of scrapes and rubs popping up. This is the time of year I live for........bow season officially starts NOW!!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

[:@]I shot under a doe last night. I think I rushed my shot, the first doeI pulled back on my elbow hit the tree and she took off. I just had a all around bad night last night. Its very windy here today so I'm grounded be back out Friday night to redeem myself.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:29 PM

alright guys will do me or pheasantfanaitic will let ya'll know

lol wakecow go out and get one shoot at the spine tho

Old 10-26-2007, 11:10 AM

Hit the woods last night in the rain and saw 1 buck cruising through. It was to late and he was about 60 yards off so I didn't get a real good look at him. I have my gear in the truck today but it is absolutly pouring here and it doean't look like it is going to let up until tomorrow sometime. As soon as this rain passes tomorrow I will be in a tree, after 3 days of constant rain those dear will really be on the move when it stops.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:26 PM

good luck lefty hope you get one
Old 10-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

I'm heading out in a hour. Hopefully my night goes better then Wednsday night.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:28 PM

yep i am also heading out bout 4:00 so i hope that i see that big boy that i have been seeing over there

Old 10-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Seen a Doe and a little 6pt tonight they both offered shots. I was back over a mile so I didn't shoot the doe would have been to far to drag her by myself. I'm going back out tomorrow morning.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:16 AM

Had a pretty good morning sat'day. 4 bucks, 3 does, and a button head. 1 shooter, but out of range. 2 decent bucks, older deer, but both were a 6 and a 5, neither with brow tines, or else would have been a 7 and an 8.. Also a small 4 point. The 5 kept cruising through and the buttonhead got too close, so the 5 pinned his ears back , walked at him with that sideways gate, and the button took off like a jack rabbit! I am going to get one on teh ground, either here or Kentucky. Go to Kentucky next thursday through sunday--the 8th through the 11th.

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.