Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

wake...i hear ya buddy....those screw in steps and a lock on is more pain than its worth IMO..hung 2 lock ons this year...PIA...gotta remove 5 steps so noone steals them or no kid climbs in and gets hurt and its MY fault...uncomfy compared to my Summit viper...dont feel nearly as safe and my viper....just dont like them...spoiled after using my summit.

final word is in...heading to my buddies camp tomarrow. should be there by 2..on stand by 3 or so hopefully...

getting contradicting weather reports...one calls for a better chance of rain and high winds..the other calls for less wind and less chance of rain either way its gunna be cold...if its windy, i will hunt the pines or hemlocks or deep in the valley...

cant wait to get away.....gunna be a good time...maybe even kill me a buck! chances are as good as anywhere. buddy seen 5 up there a week or 2 before the season...2 monsters...the other 3 were 14-16 wide shooters...plus who knows how many smaller bucks roam...last year 1 guys seen 11 bucks..some legal some not...killed a nice 8pt. that was rifle season...but they all live and use the area...just hope one walks by me....im pumped....

good luck guys...keep on keepin on!!! be back sunday night!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 AM

Came back early from Kentucky. They were having a youth muzzle loader hunt on sat'day and sunday,and didn't feel the need to run around in woods full of 12 year olds with guns!!! Hunted close to home, and saw a small 8 and a doe with a fawn still in full spots!!! Will try again this pm.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

i got good news boys....

but im gunna make yall wait another hour to find out...going to shower and get situated...
Old 10-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

here it is boys....

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2379790

wont have it scored till friday at the earliest. im hoping the butcher calls me before then so i can pick it up friday on my way home. i may pick up the head friday no matter what. i just needed to store it somewhere because i dont have a real fridge or freezer here at school...im pretty sure im going to have him mounted...just because it was my first bow kill
Old 10-14-2007, 05:06 PM

Awesome job mauser!!!!!! You will never forget your first buck with a bow. You have definitly put your time in and earned that buck. I think team 31 is showing themselves as a force to be reckoned with.

I finally had a good night in the woods on Friday evening. I had 10 deer in range at various times. I passed on 4 bucks, one was a decent 6pt that would have scored 80 inches or so but I couldn't pull the trigger on him. I ended up taking a doe right before dark after all of the action had subsided. This cooler weather in the NE has picked things up. We are getting real close to that magical time of year when you have a chance at a wallhanger everytime you step into the woods.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx left...congrats on the doe! keep at it...wont be long now!

and your right...we are doin pretty dang well as a team...early yet...but we got 3 on the ground and alot of us are into deer hard...we definently are the sleeper team id say..noone expected US lol...

really dont know what mine will score...im guessing maybe 60ish? i dont know...i dont care...im proud as heck..
Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

Alright boys I put some bone on the ground! not the big buck I was looking for but I wasn't about to let him suffer anymore. Read the whole story here. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2380676
Old 10-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

AWESOME AP!!! congrats buddy! that might not be a "good" buck for TX...but thats a good buck. and you did good taking him. can clearly see he was suffering and didnt have much time left.

sure is an awesome feeling huh?? i been living the same feelings since Saturday when i killed mine.

4 for 10 already!! thats awesome!! keep it running guys!!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:12 AM

I hate to say I told you so---but!!! I must be a psychic or just a good judge in character! Congratulations there Mauser! Very good job and a nice buck. Wwe rae onour way to win this contest,and that is a good contribution. I am going to put in some time this week after taking ny seven year old out with my muzzleloader sunday am. He sat with me until 11:30. I asked him twice if he was readyto go, and he said no, thnehe finally had enough at 11:30. No deer but several squirrels, a red tail hawk and a great morning.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:16 AM

Congrtaulations Ap!! You done good and you did the right thing as well. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.