Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

Well made it out friday night seen 3 does 1 yearling doe and a fawn, 1 doe and yearling offered shots. Today was way too hot and windy to go sit but tomorrow supposed to be high in mid 60s and the rest of the week highs in the 50s so that is real good.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:43 AM

I saw a doe and a 6 sat'day evening. I practiced drawing on thye buck, and he kept loking over hisshoulder as if another deer was coming, but itgotdark before anything appeared. I was hunting where the poachers have messed me up, but I put my thought stogether on where I figured that they would reroute around the disturbance caused by teh poachers, and sure enough, first time I sit there, I see these 2. I am heading back to Kentucky thursday, and now that I think I am on to them at my property here, it is just a matter of time. Everybody stay at it.Mauser--I know you are next to connect. Lookingforward to seeing the pics and reading the story.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

lol thanx manuman...im trying....but im trying not to burn myself out either...kinda hard to do. for me, hunting in the heat is not natural and is very miserable. ive never had a full body sweat walking to a stand at 5am....till this season. today i was soaked. miserable..i had on the bare minimal clothing too. so i sat there in the dark sweating...then the sweat made me cold...i brought no jacket or anything..i knew it was going to be hot. just didnt expect to get soaked slowly walking 300yds through an open field...i hear relief is on the way....hopefully...

went to a spot i hadnt hunted yet this season. usually save it for the rut being its a little strip of woods that doesnt really hold much deer...but they travel it hard during the rut. word got out about a good buck crossing the road a 1/4-1/2 mile farther down...there aint much down that way at ALL...i figured he was using my spot...he was crossing the road at dark...was seen twice. hes gotta be living on my side of the road...i got one more spot to try for him in the morning i think. gotta talk to my farmer buddy and see what he says...

all i seen this morning was a coyote. i hit my flashlight to get my bearings on my trail..2 beady eyes glowing at me. awww man there goes my hunt..a deer...wait..thats a dog...no...its a yote!! only the second one ive ever seen while hunting. he let me keep the light on him for a half minute at 15yds. i couldnt figure out a way to hold the light AND draw my bow lol...and my release was in the pouch of my climber...if i would had a head lamp, i mighta had a fighting chance....figuring its presence is why i didnt even see doe or anything. pretty sure they wont go into an area they smell a yote....

ohhh well...i dont know if i will go out this evening or not. its already 75 and on its way to 90[:'(] i hate not hunting when i have time...but i hate ruining a spot because i went in pouring sweat all over the place...no matter how slow i go im still gunna sweat...i dont know how you southern boys do it...
Old 10-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

Keep it up guys. Keep us posted. We will need some serious bone to win this. I have a feeling that team "stacked" AKA reverse the curse. will be one to contend with seeing that 3/4 of there team is hunting or lives in Illinois/ MO/ wisconsin. how does that work?? no pressure there....have fun hunt hard, enjoy the moment.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:19 AM

I have been putting my time in but the weather hasn't been real good. I did take another doe last Friday so I have 2 deer in the freezer and 2 archery buck tags in my pocket so it's time to get serious. Todays high temp 92, that is crazy for the 2nd week of October. We have a little cool front pushingthrough mid week and temps are going to drop into the 60's, I thinkthe action isreally going to start picking up towards the end of the week. I have seen a couple rubs and scrapes popping up in some of my hunting areas but I susspect with the warm daytime temps all of that action is taking place at night. This is the time of year when it starts to get exciting, lets put a couple more on the board.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:54 PM

Nice buck KIDD. Way to go.

Sounds like everyone is having some hot temps. It is starting to cool down here in MN/WI so it is headed your way. I was in San Diego and got back on Friday night at 11:00 pm and it was hotter in MN than CA [:'(]

I will be spending the next two night packing for a Colorado elk hunt. We are leaving Wednesday afternoon. I should be able to get away from the heat up there

Old 10-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck on you hunt buck_knife mybuddy that shot that 15pt 2 weeks ago took a 5x5 two days before in colorado. He's having a pretty good season so far.

On Wed.the high is supposed to be 46 here so it is definetly cooling down hopefully the temps continue to drop. A lot of the corn is getting picked around here too!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

Bump - betternot let us slide all the way to the bottom.

Whats up with tucker he hasn't been on here for ever?

I'm hunting tonight shouldn't cuz I gots lots of work to get done but I'll just work til the earlyhours of the thurs morning.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

i REALLY wanted to be out today...but cant swing it. got a speech to work on today for tomarrow...and gotta start studying for an exam on friday. colder weather is HERE! hoping it dont LEAVE lol.

planning to goto my buddies camp this weekend and hunt friday evening and saturday...then hunt here at school monday after class. buddy hung stands to bowhunt and killed his opening day and says i really need to hunt them. i showed him the tree to hang his opening day and he tagged his buck...maybe i will get paid back and helped him remove his stands at camp last year and i never stepped foot in them...so not like im just going there and shooting their deer...hopefully i can make it. parents plan on moving in Sunday nov 3...just like i had it figured. mom already started boxing up stuff that we dont use. said i should come home and do the same with my stuff. i told her not to touch anything and i might not be home lol. really, i keep everything fairly organized and in containers so my room wont be hard..a couple boxes and im done.

need to get away for the weekend..it would be nice...just need to get away from it all...the chaos at home...the crazy EX girlfriend(yep we broke up 2 weeks ago...) just get away from life for a couple days...nothin to worry about except hunting and sitting around the fire at night. heading to camp always makes me feel alot better...not that im NOT feeling good now...just need to get away from it all...

keep on keepin on guys! were doin good! reallllly hoping to get my buck on the ground this weekend...that way i have no worries about moving cutting into my hunting time and school getting in the way etc....life always gets in the way
Old 10-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

Went out last night seen2 does 2 fawns.

Bought a hand climber today was sick of screwing in steps when I hunt places I don't have stands at.

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.