Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

urghhhh here we go already.

just got outta class. should be going to lunch, showering, and getting in the woods. but aint gunna happen today boys. i got 3 major quizes and 1 test between now and this time wed. none of which i REALLY knew about...well...knew of a couple but they snuck up on me [:'(]...all the dates were october...i cant believe its here already

im not too worried though....its gunna be a WARM one...i would rather sacrafice today for a better day....i gotta get ahead of this school work so it dont happen again though...next 2 days i will be burried in a book...no fun.

keep at it boys...might make it out wed after class...we will see...might not make if Friday either[:@] parents want me at the new house...its getting inspected. good news on that though, dads buddy is going to help with the whole moving process. we plan to do it ALL in ONE day...a SATURDAY...but ONE day none the less. we will see...

got lots of time..im not overly concerned...i always make and keep time to hunt as much as possible...AND it will keep me from overhunting my good spots...so i COULD turn out to be a GOOD thing... so have no fear....i got 6 weeks...
Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Good Job buck_knife, We're on the board!

I didn't get out much this weekend only last night didn't see anything again.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:39 AM

Congrtas on the bear and the buck Buck Knife! Stay with it Mauser, you are closing in. Ap, you are going to be sending pics of a 10 in no time.
I went to Kentucky again, and did a lot of scouting. I put my oldest son in my stand that I found last week,and he saw the big boy I knew was there. It was a 10, 150ish---but he missed the shot! That's okay-- I know he's still there! I found another very good spot as well. I am going back the 11th thru the 14th, hopefully to close the deal. I am going to go back here in Georgia this weekend, and see if the poaching problem has been resolved. It is time for the bucks to really get active soon.We need some cooler weather and rain--serious drought here. Total watering ban, and I am in the landscape business--so pray for rain.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

manuman...that sounded like a good kentucky hunt....hopefully your son bags him next time!!

man...watering ban and in the landscape business...thats bad news...hoping you get rain. i worked in the landscaping business all summer...if i wasnt watering something, someone else was! lol. the trees and plants at the farm even needed watered once a week or so plus the sprinkler system daily because it was so dry for a while. up here, our fall is our busiest time for the company i worked for. we do mainly lawn installation and hyrdoseeding though...do a fair bit of landscaping as well..but lawns are our big thing..fall they get slammmmed.

feels good to have someone say im closing in already germ and rob and gmmat and the crew was my team last year...i didnt hear that for a couple weeks in first year as a bowhunter last year...i got winded every hunt my first week lol.

going to hunt that area SMART...i know i got a GOOD chance at a buck in there if i play my cards right. i cant decide how soon to go back. could hunt it saturday or monday or tuesday....i really dont wanna hunt it till it cools back off anyways. i just wanna hit it when they should be moving and get in there and get him dead.

figure i can burn a couple days hunting random spots at home till i get the colder temps and give it time to settle down...

didnt spook him...but he knew something was fishy...
Old 10-01-2007, 12:43 PM

sweet buck buckknife
Old 10-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

talk about bitter sweet.............my best bud in the whole world shoots a buck of a lifetime with the recurve (matt / pa) and I am excited until he post on the board with team reverse the curse...damn it.....we got some catching up to do..[8D]
Old 10-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

weather looks great for next monday and tuesday thus far. major cold front looks to be coming from what they say, and what i can see on the charts in meterology class. IF it does come, im hopefully i can add some inches to our board..."fall breal" from school is monday and tuesday...thankfully. we shall see whats in store for me....

im really hoping the buck i seen, or another shooter gives me a shot. i can see the buck i seen beein 70+...i really dont know. at first he looked small...but at 30yds or so he looked bigger...proably 12-14" 8pt...just not quite to the ears so hes under 16" ....we will find out when i get him dead! i just gotta find a way to keep my spot...i think im going to PARK at my spot EARLY...just incase...and hike down the road a 1/3 mile and hunt the edge of a corn field saturday morning and evening...just to hunt and "reserve" my honey hole with my truck being there but me being 1/2 mile away, across the road....im a sneaky guy i just dont wanna hunt it saturday with it being 85...

we will see what the weather brings....

hoping to head out here at school tomarrow....we will see. as of right now i believe i can head out...

mauser wants his first bow kill and a buck to boot BAD...so bad he can FEEL the antlers in his hands....i just know i gotta hunt him SMART.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

KIDD, heard you put one on the ground, good job. 2/10

I'm going out tonight, was invited out to a friends farm to hunt they've got somebig deer out there hopefully I can luck out and connect.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats KIDD!!! i cant wait to get back tonight and see the brute and hear the story!! good job buddy!!!

another PA guy scores on a brute......MAUSER is next!! hopefully

this evening im just going out to an oak ridge/point/hillside. going to hunt REAL high on the ridge. woods are clear for 300yds or so along the hillside and point and 40-80yds down till it gets thick and nasty...i want to hunt so i can see ALL of the hillside with the binocs...the area held the most sign...but i never hunted there...theres alot of possible bedding areas...i just want to "observe" and see where they are coming from etc....

dont plan on shootin tonight....i really am not setting up to shoot...i just wanna figure them out and SEE deer. if i see deer i will be happy...then next time i can slip in there and give em the shaft!!

keep at it boys...8 more to go!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Mauser, Don't leave your bow in the truck!

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.