Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

well boys I'm goin bowhunting! I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get back(with a ten point of course) wish me luck. they're ruttin early so mebbe i can get lucky
Old 09-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

very nice bear buck knife congrats
Old 09-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

welp, incase ya'll missed my post, i had a shot this morning. 0840 here he comes from the thicket behind me to the right. i heard him, seen antler and stood up and got ready for the possible shot. seen 3 points on top immediatly. then caught a glimpse of browtines. solid 12-14" wide 8pt. nothin great...1.5 or 2.5..i couldnt tell...he looked 2.5 but when they are 12-14 wide, its hard to tell. im guessing 2.5 but i dont know...ALMOST passed him up. but thought about it in less than a second and know i gotta start somewhere...hes at 10yds...walks away/to the left..behind brush, i drew..MAYBE 15yds broadside, close leg forward...about to settle the pin when i noticed my arrow looked funny...

looked down and it wasnt on the string[:@] [:'(] when in my summit viper, i lay it across the front rail with the arrow nocked. the arrow falls onto the riser being i shoot a nap 1000. i never put it on the rest [] when i drew, the broadhead caught the riser and popped off the string. i never even noticed. he surely did. starred at me. thats how I noticed...i froze...he went back to walking left/away from me...i let down and got the arrow nocked again and on the rest. he gave me a picture perfect shot at probably 30. but i wont lie...i cant range from a treestand. im betting if i put my 30 on his heart i woulda smoked him...but i aint foolish enough to risk it. if i woulda had a range finder i might shot(most likely not he was semi alert)

just most the areas i hunt anything past 25 is generally brush or they will come closer anyways...i will get me a range finder sooner or later...

but that was my day...all i seen this evening was a gray fox.

rookie mistake....ive learned the way for me to keep myself calm is to take a breath, relax and focus on making the shot after i know its legal...well i knew he was legal quick...never thought of anything else but when to draw and where to settle that pin.

thank goodness i didnt touch that release..man was i close to touching it off too. i was just gettin ready to settle the pin and hook the release finger....that would been BADDDDD

keep at it guys!!

im excited...onto legal buck already and its only the first day...

he might not be a monster..but id be proud of him for a first bowkill. i just know i gotta get deer under the belt before i start being more selective...heck i only ever killed 2 bucks with my rifle...(8 doe too)...and with the moving situation and school and all that, i dont have TIME to be too picky...

my buddy killed a little 7pt 300-400yds from me this morning at 9am. i got down at 10 and helped him drag and all that...i would never know his buck was legal. nice little buck...but man counting points on him would been tough. real dark horns too..

nite nite guys...im whooped...between the sinus and ear infection, and 0345 wake up, im BEAT. holy cow its only 915....i bet i sleep 12+hrs if noone wakes me..
Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

ok just got back. Didnt see any shooters but with temps rising into the 90's during the day I was glad just to see what I did.Some does, a spike, and a really nice yearling. He was already outside his ears, had nice mass, and waspretty wide and very tall. He'll be one to look for in2-3 years for sure.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:11 PM

mauser, sounds like you had a busy and exciting weekend. You'll get him next time.

AP, sounds like you have some nice deer down there....and some hot temps.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:20 PM

WE ARE ON THE BOARD!!!

I scored a nice little 8 pointer on Friday night. I shot him at 6:15, but didn't like the shot much. I got down and found my arrow and the blood trail. I followed it for 40 or so yards and then broke off of it and let him sit. I went back out and found him at 11:00 only 30-40 yards from where I broke off the trail. It was a pretty steep shot and quartering away. He took off fast and crashed into a couple trees. My friend that usually helps me drag them out was out of town, so I had a nice long drag...about 4/10 of a mile. I got him home and started skinning him. I ended up quarteing him and putting the quarters in the freezer. Cut him up on Saturday and now I have a freezer full of deer and bear.

I leave for San Diego in the morning...get back on Friday and then the following Wednesday I leave to chase some Colorado Elk.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ON THE BOARD, who's buying the keg and where we meeting?

Congrat's Buck Knife!.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats buck knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats buckknife!! been a good week eh!?!? awesome man!!

man im getting haunted. hes pretty close to being the brother of the buck i seen saturday...pretty close to twins man...errrr i'll get him next time......but till then, its going to haunt me...

headed out tomarrow after class i believe. done at 11...going to have lunch..probably do some reading and an online quiz....DDW shower and headed out...not in a real rush since its gunna be pretty warm. but im gunna sit a creek bottom or hillside with oaks right near the bottom...not going into any of the better spots i found...just hoping something is thirsty...i know im gunna be sweatin like a pig...its a good mile back to there...forgot the digital camera at home[:@] [:'(] going to try to remember to pick up a disposable on the way...but im gunna kick myself when i score and dont have it....but will be happy if i DO score. we will see what happens.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Rob we are meeting at my place..........Awesome buckknife.....man you are having a great season. First a bear now your buck.............thanks for breaking the seal..............I was out sat am and no luck....helped a buddy track a buck Sat evening but no luck finding it......wierd situation.long story.........but I hope he finds it, sounded lie a great buck......I am going out again on wednesday I will keep you guys posted...congrats again Buck knife.

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.