Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

Last night I ended up working til 3am had some issues with a software upgrade on our server and about 6:45am my 3yr old started shaking me to wake up. I got a little less than 4 hours of sleep but still plan on going out tonight. I'm hoping to see some big muddy creek bottom bucks tonight. I would love to put one on the ground and get us on the board.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

get some sleep.........wear your saftey harness if from a tree.........and kill a big buck for the team[8D]
Old 09-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

good luck guys...keep at it...

manuman....give Germ a big ole hug from Mauser...he will understand a manly hug...not a girly one lol...

im pretty pumped today. did some MORE scouting. got sick of what i been seeing in the areas i been scouting...a whole bunch of nothin and a whole bunch of human activity...

i been hunting a gamelands thats 20-25minutes away for 9 seasons now...

the forest has changed dramatically since then and PA has under went major herd reductions...last year was my first as a bowhunter...but i cannot tell you how many GOOD bucks ive seen in there small game and fall turkey hunting in the fall. all my good ole faithfuls failed me last year. didnt see other hunters except twice..a small game hunter one day and a fall turkey hunter another..but both were within 200yds of the road.

last night i poured over my topo of the area. NOTHING stood out. i know the area and the trails and pipelines that are foot accessable and know roughly of a decint chunk of the area...nothing stuck out. no good lookin funnels...nothing.

got on the ariel view as a last resort looking for anything that might help. BINGO!!! a stand of hemlocks in a pretty deep, short ravine! comes up the right side of the ravine and most of the way to an AWESOME looking point...then it gives way to saplings and oaks...that spot looks promising.

another spot i overlooked all these years is a oak ridge/hillside with a slight point. THICK nasty stuff below and around the point...TORE UP with deer sign. 2 benches on the hillside...THICK nasty lookin stuff man...it looks GREAT...screaming big bucks...just gotta be there when they are...

another spot is a small cut that juts into the woods...thick nasty old growning clearcut around most of it...but theres a couple trails and big trees that might work..and the right side is an awesome edge of oaks and hardwoods and saplings meeting the thicket edge...

all of these spots should hold deer and all look like big buck territory if ive ever seen it.

through the years ive seen some PIGS in the area...out of everything ive seen in there in almost 10yrs, im REALLY pumped to find those spots...and, they are all farther than i have EVER seen a bowhunter up there. heck not many guys do bowhunt up there. used to be real popular with grouse hunters running dogs but the forest grew and not so many grouse so i havent seen many of them lately either...looking promising...glad to have found it...twas a good day

might get out doe hunting this weekend again..friday evening and saturday morn and evening...maybe...depends on whats goin on at home and the temps...calling for 83-84 lows of about 60[:'(] we will see....im hard to hold down...and got good creek crossings in the area...i dont know we will see...
Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 PM

mauser, sounds like you found some good spots.

manuman, good luck in Kentucky

Well, I turned down my first buck of the season tonight. He was a little 7 pointer. Too small to shoot. I saw him first at around 50 yards. He wasn't in any hurry. I stood up and got my bow off the hanger and he didn't see a thing. He was just slowly walking towards me and then would stop for a minute or so. He was down wind and I figured he winded me and would turn around. While I was waiting for him a mosquito managed to get under my face mask, so I slowly tried to kill the thing and then it decided to fly into my ear. I ended up getting the little bugger and the buck didn't notice a thing. He ended up standing around 12 yards from mefor 5 minutes.I watched him for a total of 30 minutes and then he walked out of sight.

Good luck guys!

Old 09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

this bowhunting thing is really coming along nicely. I'm trying a new form that the guys at the pro shop showed me and now I can put 5/6 arrows into a 5-6 inch circle at 30 yrds. I'm starting to feel confident in my equipment and myself. oh and did I mentionI got some slick tricks? those are some bad broadheads!!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

I just wrote up a pretty detailed report of my hunt last night and the post didn't take I'm not going to write itback up. So in summary I seen a doe,fork and a little basket six pointer. I was hunting ten rows into the corn with shooting lanes out to the edge. Doe came in 3 rows offered a shot at about 12ft. Six pointer crossed out in front of me a ways he never came up out of the bottom. The fork walked right by on outside edge of corn too bad he wasn't a shooter. Its always fun to see deer even if you don't shoot and especially when you get that close at eye level with them. I'm going to try and get back down there and hunt some different spots if I can get out of going to a wedding.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:51 PM

Can anyone tell me who can do an avater for youth team[&:] just not elkslayer338
Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

wake cow I hate that when it happens....type big elaborate post and go to submit and BAM right in the 'ole corn holieo [8D]
Old 09-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

guess I need to use ctrl + a and ctrl + c before I post a long winded post
Old 09-23-2007, 05:06 PM

I have less then a week!!!!!!!!!!! I hurt my left hand witch is the hand my release goes on and i have to wear a brace but i was shooting like an 7in group at 40 yrs do you guys think that that is good ????

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.