Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread >

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:18 PM

Default RE: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

i shot my first deer ever thursday night. shot a doe 20 yards broadside double lung. went 40 yards and went down. coolest thing ever. gives a bigger rush than gun because of how close the deer is. im hooked for sure, now i need somethin with some bone on its head.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congradulations on your kill man. Your right, your hooked for life now. Good luck with getting a buck now.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go 09Mjl01 "Congratulations"!

I haven't had the chance to get out and Bow Hunt very much since Rifle Season...I think I made it out 1 time so far! [&:][:@]

I have 2 weeks vacation coming up the last 2 weeks of december so I plan on doing a lot of hunting then to get me a decent Buck!Good Luck to everyone on my Team!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe....I whiffed AGAIN!!!!!! Had a decent 8, 15 yards in front of me and nicked a limb which kicked my arrow 10 feet to the left....just is not my year, I am 2/12[:'(]
Old 12-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Checking in, I'll be at it again this weekend, Hopefully the change in weather will have them moving by my stand. I have until Feb. 5th so I haven't given up. Ilove late seasonI have the woods to myself once the weather gets nasty
Old 12-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go MOTOWN, nice buck, Congrats! Thats the trouble with them late season Kansas bucks, they usually have some broke points on them! Still a great buck.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks John, I might have made my goal of 140 if the brow tines were there. It was a great season with many encounters. I actually passed on bigger bucks than him but this late in the season I had to do it. Looking forward to next season already. chris
Old 12-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean Chris. Congrats again on a great late season buck.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chris,

Why didn't you tell your teammates about your buck? Anyway, Congrats, friend!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Tony, I just posted it up this evening because I had to go out of town Tue.
I heard a deer comming (running) and seen a doe comming right at me. I knew she was eitherspooked or that a buck would be chaseing her. I was already standing because I hardly ever sit so I grabbed my bow and drawed. Sure enough a buck was on her tail and she came right into my set up and stopped at 10 yards. The hard part was already overbecause I drew before I even seen him. He came in at about 25 yards trying to heard up the doe. At 22 yards he turned broadside andI let the Rage 2 blade go. No pass thru and that is the first shot in many years that I didn't get a pass thru. I watched the bright red luminock glow as the buck ran off into the thick woods and disapear. It looked like a good hit but looked forward. I thought I would be safe and sat there for 2 1/2 hours before getting down. No blood at the shot site so I headed to where I last saw the luminock glow. I found blood, a good amount but not what I expected. Again this is the first deer I havnt seen fall or heard crash in many seasons. I trailed the blood for a hundred yards and knew I had a problem. It came to an open hay field so I scanned the field and saw nothing. I replayed the shot over in my head but it just wasn't adding up. No way could this buck be hit in the lungs like I thought and go this far. A bit reluctant,I decided to continue on with the trail across the hay field. The trail was heavy in spots and hard to follow in others. The deer was definantly walking. I'm getting very concerned as I get to the next patch of woodsover a half a mile from where I started the trail. Something is bad wrong but I knewthe deer had lost a bunch of blood and surely couldn't be much farther. I get about 50 yards into the next patch and see my luminock glowing with half my arrowin a huge pile of blood but no buck. Now in my head I'm cussing every SOB on HNI who was bragging up the Rage 2 blade. .I continue on and about 30 yards farther I see him piled
up. Well at the shot the buck must of turned into the arrow because he had a whole in his neck you could of put a baseball in. In the neck and down into his chest. I remember the doe running off to my right after the shot so I figure she must of tried to get away from him and he was going to chase after her all at the time of my release. It went into the neck anddown intothe right lung. The other half of my arrow was loosely laying inside the buck. A hour and a half of trailing and 3/4 of a mile away from shot site I recovered my buck. I can't blame the Rage because the shot turned bad without me realizing it. I do think that my cut on contact head would have went thru though. So there it is, a late season Kansas buck playing with a doe and about causing me a heart attack.

Quick Reply: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.