Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread >

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 04:54 PM

Default RE: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

anybody still alive out there.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am still alive...barely. Well the temps in Illinois are on the rise AGAIN!!!! Got to 66 today and supposed to be 73 tomorrow. THEN the bottom falls out, and snow on Turkey Day, no wonder I am sick. Our first gun season was this past Fri-Sun. I decided to take a decent 8pt about 5 min. after sunrise, he came in with a smaller 8 at about 45 yards....raised my gun, pulled the trigger BOOMMMMMMMM...he stands there for about 4 sec. looking at me like I am retarted (which I felt like) after seeing him run away. Mind all of you that at 6:10 in the morning it's pretty dark still in the woods. So at about 6:45, it's pretty much light,light, so I start trying to figure out what happened. Then I see it....a tree about the size of a 20oz Coke bottle blew all to heck....it's just not my year, that makes me 2/8 this year, after going 5/5 last year.[&o]
Old 11-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Rifle Deer Season is over and I ended up shooting a nice 8-Point Buck this past sunday with my Browning .243 so I will be starting back up with my Archery Hunting over Thankgiving and the weekend.Hopefully this ridiculous Rut will kick in again because they are calling for some really nasty weather with possibilities of snow flurries later in the week!

I wasn't allowed to Bow Hunt on the other property we Leased so I'm hoping my Brother will take me hunting on the 500 Acres he has been helping a Farmer fix his fences on!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck GTO I will be on stand alot this weekend also. Many does have beenserviced so the big bucks should go on the search. The weather is finally going to be cold to so that will help. Good luck guys.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:18 PM

going to hunt most this week and weekend because we have school off fot turkey day. its going to be cold and nasty. hoping for some luck.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a pic of my opening day buck, along with my brother to my left and my nephew to his left ...... sorry guys, he was taken with a shotgun ..... I won't be toting a bow for 3 1/2 more weeks, now ....... BTW, the big boy is still running around, last I knew .... I almost had a shot the last day I hunted .... he didn't come in close enough ...

Old 11-21-2007, 04:03 PM

congrats on the bucks. get one with the stick n string for the board. good luck
Old 11-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey team .........WHAT"S UP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

I'm still here, The orange army is out there this week. I'll hunt hunt this weekend hopeing they'll push one in my direction. Bow season runs into Feb. So my season isn't over yet. I've had many chances at 1 1/2 qnd 2 1/2 year old bucks this year, But I decided to let walk hopeing to have a chance at a better buck, there's a big 8, a nice 10 and a really nice 10 point in my area. I hope they make it through gun season.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, The gun season starts tomorrow here so the deer will be getting the crap scared out of them. Once it is over I will start hunting again. I have seen many bucks but for the life of me I can't figure out where the heavy racked deer have disappeared to. I seen a 8 point chaseing does last weekend with no big boy trying to mess up his party. Maybe he is the man out there this year. Hopefully the gunners will push new blood into my area as I am surrounded by public land. Good luck to you men still hunting. Chris

Quick Reply: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.