Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread >

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 PM

Default RE: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

yeah the cold weather should help it kick in. i looked it up and you can hunt bow during rifle but you have to wear blaze orange like during rifle.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just got back from my 3 day hunt, I am confused....I have seen lots of bucks with does, not chasing them, and actually couldn't even tell it's that time of year from the way they were acting. Had does following bucks, does and bucks passing each other and continuing on. I've never re-called not seein chaseing going on. It's almost post rut looking to me, like the bucks are locked up with does. If so, it's really early for that to happen around here. Anyways.......Seen a bunch of little bucks, had 4 different ones walk right under me. I helped the heard and took out a mature doe my last morning there, and the last evening hunt I had 6-7 deer within 30 yards of me then it got dark, heard them walking all around me, heard one of the little guys making a scrape (which blew my rut theory) out the window. Anyways, I have the 11,12,13 off to bow hunt,then gun season starts the 16th, that'll really scatter the deer. On a side note...seen a 180" Perfect 12pt. staring at me 10 yards off the road. broadside, nothing in the way except air, only problem was, I was in my car at work on base.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Checkin' in ...... this season has been frustrating to say the least ..... due to a serious financial situation, I have been forced to take on an additional 40 hour a week job .... I have not been able to get out nearly as much as I would like ...... i'll be out all day Saturday, and if I call in sick on the overnight Sunday, I can be out all day Monday as school is closed for the holiday .... deer are everywhere in my area now ....
Old 11-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

C'mon guys, we can't "blank" this year. I know I had my chance early with that 150-160". But I have Sun-Tues. off, but the weather is calling for temps in the 60-70's and rain, might onlybe a REAL early hunt these next 3 days.[:@]
Old 11-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hang in there guys we are not going to go "Blank". It's been in the 70's most of the month of Nov. here too. The weather has really put a damper on our usual rut activity. I have been seeing some decent bucks but zero sightings of the buck I have been hopeing to meet up with. Keep up the good fight guys and just do the best you can. Chris
Old 11-11-2007, 03:51 PM

got up to 78 here today. yeah 78[:@]i have seen chasing going on but no good bucks. it is rifle right now so the deer are moving everywhere and are hard to find. im struglin right now but i think the rut will pick up after the temps go down and bow starts back up.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Checkin' in, I'm still hunting hard except for a couple of 40 mph windy days and a driving rain storm. I almost had a 10 yard shot a a nice 10 point that was chaseing a doe past my stand. I couldn't stop him. I'm finnally seeing some shooter bucks now. Only problem is that the gun hunters are moving in and hanging stands in my area.[:@]That really ticks me off since I've been the only hunter in theresince bow season began, but I don't own the land so I can't say much. Oh well hopefully I score before gun season starts or I'll still be there and maybe they'll drive one to me. Good luck team mates.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I have been hard at it for the past couple weeks and have been seeing plenty of deer. I have only seen a few spikes and one four point, nothing to brag about but I have all next week off to hunt hard everyday before the rifle season comes in and makes it really tough!! I have seen a few bucks chasing does and tons of rutting activity, its here just hopefully it stays for the next week or so!!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck western. I will be hitting it heavy again this weekend. This was the week to be out there butI just have to much going on at work. Its been a tough year in the housing industry so I am very greatfull fo be busy right now. I have a good feeling about this weekend. Good luck guys. Chris
Old 11-14-2007, 06:04 PM

i get only friday night and maybe sunday night to hunt. got a soccer tourny this weekend n kansas. too bad i wont have time to hunt.

Quick Reply: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.