Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread >

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

I shoulda stuck that high 6 pointer I saw opening day ..... I think the schmuck that the property owner lets hunt, is messin' up the deer movement .....2 weeks left of bow in NY ....
2 WEEKS???? Wow, that's not very long. It's ok Tony, I have until Jan 16th, so I will just shoot a 200" and let you have 100" of it. LOL
Old 11-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out Hunting this evening after work and didn't see anything moving in the CRP field or the woods,I did hear something grunting a few times and I lightly called back and got a few responses but if it was a Buck it wouldn't come in close,hmmmmm???? it could have been a Buck chasing a Doe in the bottom fields.Tomorrow morning (sunday) I will go out and hunt for a few hours and hopefully my morning hunt will be more productive!I like hunting mornings more then evenings but with my work schedule I only get to hunt 1 morning a week! [&:]
Old 11-03-2007, 10:37 PM

gto how far along do you think the deer here are into the rut?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Checkin in boys. I'm getting ansy. I had a really nice 8 point under me last night. I am trying to stick to my goal of 140 or better. The 8 was about 110 tree estimate. From my notes I have had over 900 inches of bone pass by me so far.Now if I can only get that all at once. 09mj101 your rut is in full swing if your in missouri. I heard 2 bucks fighting hard on theway to my stand yesterday morning in the dark. Well, good luck on your hunts guys. Preacher Tony you got plenty of time man. It only takes 30 sec.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:13 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Checkin in boys. I'm getting ansy. I had a really nice 8 point under me last night. I am trying to stick to my goal of 140 or better. The 8 was about 110 tree estimate. From my notes I have had over 900 inches of bone pass by me so far.Now if I can only get that all at once.
Chris

Quit being greedy... settle for 450 and send the other 450 my way !!! [8D]

Good luck in slaying a brute...just a matter of time for you bud !!!! Looking forward to the pictures !!

Tim
Old 11-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boy I hope they can hold out (Rut) until next weekend during the Rifle Season?I've seen lots of scrapes and a few rubs.When I went out hunting this morning it was pretty windy and the only deer I saw was early in the morning and it walked out just a little ways onto the CRP field then walked back into the woods.I have to go check on our other lease hunting property to hang a few more stands around the area so we will see if anything Bucks are chasing Doe's around.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:39 PM

i havnt seen any chasing at all. saw 2 does in the morning and night hunt and neither had a buck near by. your right gto the rut is going to go crazy during rifle here. cant you hunt bow during rifle in MO?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Preacher Tony you got plenty of time man. It only takes 30 sec.
But I'm dyin' to kill somethin' ...... I can't even get a nanny to me to shoot and supress my hunger for backstraps ....... I'm just gonna hafta motor over to your neck o' the woods ....

Old 11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anytime brother Tony. I have been seeing alot of bucks lately just no brusiers. I wish I had the next two weeks off but I don't so the weekends are it.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

O9mjl01....I don't think your allowed to Bow Hunt during the Rifle Season here in Missouri?You can Bow Hunt during the early Youth portion of Deer Season (Oct 27 and 28) but you have to wear the Hunter Orange like you would during Rifle Season if you hunt with a Bow then.I talked to several other Bow Hunters around this area and they all said that they saw Bucks chasing Doe's around this past weekend.They are calling for colder weather and the Moon will be mostly covered when we start the Rifle Season this coming saturday so it looks like it will be a very good Rut this year for Gun Hunters!I've been hunting as much as I can the past few weeks so hopefully I will shoot me a nice Buck if they are chasing the Doe's around!

Quick Reply: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.