Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread >

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Went out Tuesday afternoon, seen 2 does about 40 yards away. To hot here with NO relief in sight for at least the next 10 days. Calling for temps to be from 80-92 all week with lows in the high 60's. Average high is 64 this time of year. So I guess I will keep my boat out.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

I left the mosquitos in my stand and stalked within 20 yards on the buck below. Had a great shot, but passed on him. Give him a few more years. There's older and nicer bucks in the area plus I also love to hunt later in October and November in the rut.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:38 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Chris

Good luck this season !! Is the monster still running around from last season ?? Looking forward to seeing how your season goes.

Tim
Old 10-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning 68 degrees at 5am, sat until 9am did not see a living thing except for a few birds. I am done hunting until it gets to beat least 65 or lowerfor a high temp. This is crazy.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just checkin' in teamies........ Season starts one week from today ......

Old 10-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm also just checking in with you fellows. I will be heading out this afternoon since the weather has cooled 20 degrees. I wentsaturday morning and see a couple of does and a quick glimpse of a nice buck from about 200 yds. There is some light sparing going on now. The season will heat up seriously in about 2 weeks thru nov. Good luck to you guys, I hope one of us gets on the board soon. Chris
Old 10-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out Bow Hunting a few days last week....even went down out of my stands and made a little make-shift blind behind a big tree a few yards from the Lake hoping to shoot a Buck that would come in for a drink of water...no such luck and thank God for my ThermaCell to keep those pesky mosquito's away!

I went out this evening (tuesday) because we finally got a break in the hot weather and it rained monday evening,they are calling for cooler tempatures and colder nights so it finally feels like fall Bow Hunting.So far I haven't seen any Deer moving on our Farm but I didcross one deers path late one evening in the thick woods when I was walking back home after legal shooting light along the mowed field edge where I was walking.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Season starts the day after tomorrow!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys......I let myself and you guys down in a BIG way, On Columbus day a friend and I went out in the morning, I was hunting a ground blind on the edge of a picked cornfield, at 8am my friend comes to pick me up and tells me that he seen a huge deer work his way from a standing bean field into a thicket. So we set up to see if we could intercept this deer. About 25 min later I seen a doe working the outside edge, then i see antlers, I position myself to where I think they will pass, the doe gets a mere 3 yards from me and stops, stares and then "blows" when she does this the buck slams on the brakes, with his vitals partly behind a tree, I am already at full draw, I place my pin as close to him as possible without fear of hitting the tree, I am on the ground, he is 8 YARDS away, I release, and watch my arrow slam into his shoulder blade, 2 jumps and my arrow falls out, I watch as my potential 150-160" buck runs away, hurt, but not fatally. I inspect my arrow, and only have bloodon my broadhead, my friend and I continue to search this area for 4 hours and never found a single drop of blood. I can't tell you guys the feeling I had and still am having, I literally got sick to my stomach. But I can take a breath knowing that he will live. I just can't believe at 8 yards, I could not get at least half my arrow to penetrate....that's hunting right? Well I will get back on the horse this Sat. I hope you guys have better luck than I did.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:43 PM

finally highs in the mid 60s. this weekend i will go out and hopefully not be mosquito bait. have started seeing deer at late dusk so i hope the movement is earlier than the beginning of the season when i had deerless afternoons. we will see how it goes.

Quick Reply: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.