Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts  Thread! >

21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Old 11-02-2007, 06:47 AM

Default RE: 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

The big boys are up on their feet and moving. Time for our team to make a run to the top of the leader board!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

It looks that way on the board... doesn't seem to be the case around here!
Trying some new spots this weekend.
I'll keep my fingers crossed...
Nothing last night...

Old 11-02-2007, 09:18 AM

Finally got in the woods yesterday! I went to my first stand location and noticed a dead deer 20 yards form my tree. Went to my second stand location in the same area about 80 yards form the first stand location and there was another hunter there. I left this land and went to another site. Never seen a thing, the wind was blowing like crazy though so that might have some effect. Maybe I'll get back out there in the next few weeks. I have to do it soon though b/c season ends on the 13th at this WMA. Sorry no points for the team on this hunt but maybe next time.

PJ maybe we should post a bulletin for all IL hunters to stay out of the woods when your in them. I would hate for someone else to have any of your luck rubbed on them. I think they sell bubble wrap by the yard, you should get 8 or 10 yards and wrap your self up and tape your hands together. Oh, and maybe you should set on the couch and not touch anything either. Just kidding man, I hope your luck changes. I think we all have our lives tested (some worse than others). Just remember man, what doesn't brake you will make you stronger. Take it easy and STOP TOUCHING STUFF!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

Well I think I have my bow set-up where I can get it back if need be. SO I went hunting this morning and sat til 11:45. I saw 6 does and 5 1 1/2 yr old bucks. Those little guys were sure trying to do some chasing. Am going out again about 2 oclock, but it has gotten pretty warm outside.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing this weekend.
Came out of the woods and saw a buck in the fading light on the hillside. Inside his ears. Couldn't get a shot at him.
Turns out he was most likely a decent 6 point a friend of ours has seen and missed 3 times on the other side of the turn pike!

Nice fat deer though.
My brother in law had a 4 point come in, but it winded him and turned around and left.
That's about it!
Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

been out a few times, this morningwatched a 150 class breed a doe 250 yards from my stand , she dragged him right away from my stand area , biggest deer i have seen this year . everything close has been does lately
Old 11-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry Guys... couldn't put anything on the board while hunting in NY from TR PM to last night. Saw a couple of small bucks chasing... Lots of doe.. no shots.
Had a small 8 chasing 2 does Sun pm about 150 yards out. Had 2 come down the ridge to me at dark. Couldn't make them out at 20 yards. Then a deer came running in under me at 15 yards or so.. on a mission... I drew but it was so dark I didn't want to chance it... Gut feeling tells me it was the small 8 coming back in to those 2 doe.
Oh well, fun encounter anyway. My buddy missed a six, got a spike horn, father in law got a spike, and another friend missed a couple doe.
Fun trip though. 2 weeks left before shotgun here in MA. Rut is on.... I'll get back out starting tomorrow. Have to spend some time w/ wife & kids tonight!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I still have faith in my teammates. Comon guys, don't give up, if you can be out, be out there. Now is the time. I even saw a nice buck walk down my driveway at high noon today!.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heading out this PM and the rest of the week. Gonna take the climber into some new spots and see what happens.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:47 AM

Well Wisconsin's early archery season ended yesterday with no shots at any shooters yet(3 1/2 or older). Gun season starts Saturday and goes through the following Sunday. Then back to bowhunting again until January 6th.

Quick Reply: 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.