Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts  Thread! >

21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Old 10-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

No hunting since Saturday guys. Sorry. Monday I ran errands and shingled the car port I built off the side of the garage on Sunday. Today it rained like hell all day. Tomorrow I have a dentist appt at 9...was made when I was working but I figured I'd keep the appt. GMMAT is coming in Wed night and I think we'll hit my hollow honey hole for the first time....we'll be at it Thur through Saturday and I'll hunt every day from Monday on....the last two weeks and the weeks it should be really interesting if nothing happens in this weekend. I've shot the last 6 bucks or more those last 2 weeks. Saturday we have a mini HNI get together with myself, GMMAT, tkycaller, Q2INWHITETAILS, and Matt / PA going out. For lunch we're meeting Rick James and Jawshooter (formerly APAJaws).
Old 10-24-2007, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Finally scored on a couple of does last night guys.... No points for the team... but got the freezer filled. Nice big doe at 40 yards and then the big skip came in and gave me a perfect 25 yard broadside shot. I couldn't resist...
I hit the big one quartering away. She went 15 yards or so, hunched up, and tipped over in front of me. I hit behind the left hind quarter and put it right up into the boiler room. The smaller one went about 50 yards and piled up. Blew the Crimson Talon right through both shoulders. No tracking required.

One was about 125lb and the other around 65-70.

http://i24.tinypic.com/n3t8wx.jpg

My buddy shot that 8 the night before on a does trail. I was coming home yesterday from an apt @ 1:45 pm and hada doe run out in front of me with a small buck right on her tail... It seems to be starting here, although it is very warm.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:57 AM

Congrats on the does!
Going into the rut here hopefully we can put some bucks on the board for team 21!

My early season spot is located off of a doe bedding area, in the beginning it hasnt been much luck, im thinking that it will be more of a hot spot now that the rut is starting to heat up.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the does WMAH, that rocks...now your onto antlers right?

3 solid days of hunting for me these next 3 days. GMMAT will be here so hopefully we'll put a buck on the ground.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Brought the does to the butcher last night... got home and had a voicemail from the landowner where I shot the does the night before... He could barely talk... "big 10 in the field in front of your stand... in bow range... 6pm! Where the heck are you!!?! "

Heading there tonight again.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:48 AM

That's great news WMAH, hopefully you will get a shot at him. I haven't gotten out lately but my dad went and sat in one of my stands this morning and saw five bucks from 7 am to 9 am. The first one was at least a 3 1/2 yr old if not older and he was in bow range. The problem was the area is an "Earn a Buck" zone and my dad hasn't gotten a doe yet. I probably won't have a chance to hunt that stand in the morning until probably Sunday.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Argh...
I am so glad we don't have the earn a buck here in MA...
I don't see a ton of bucks, so if I see one, I'm shootin one!

Old 10-25-2007, 05:23 PM

Went out today and saw 4 does and another deer way far off.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

well finally back home as of yesterday , this morning had three small bucks come by and tonight took a 140 pound doe
Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice job Bob. That's a big girl!
I didn't get out at all over the weekend.
Friday PM I had to take my little girls to the Halloween Parade. Was planning on hunting Sat AM, but woke to terrible downpouring rain. Had to go to a wedding in NYS Sat afternoon and no hunting in MA on Sundays.
I will get out this PM.

Glad I didn't go out on Sat AM. It turns out, a local guy shot a 4 pointer (his first) in the same general area as I hunt Friday PM. He called my brother in law for help because he didn't know what to do. Turns out, he was wondering around and saw my stand, climbed in, and shot thebuck 1/2 hour later... out of my stand!
I don't even know the guy...
Am I out of line for being extremely PISSED off that some guy climbed into my stand that I have been hunting out of for 5+ years and shoots the deer?!?!?
Well, I am!

Quick Reply: 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.