Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts  Thread! >

21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Old 10-03-2007, 06:30 AM

Default RE: 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

One of my buddies got two 8 points in two days, yesterday and this morning. He said he saw another 8 point on this property and offered me his treestand. I took the offer, so on Thursday afternoon I hope to be huntin
Old 10-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Ice....

Old 10-04-2007, 10:23 AM

Hey guys whats the story? anyone seeing anything? or what?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:38 AM

I'm seeing plenty but haven't seen a shooter yet. It's getting a little frustrating around here, all the good days I have to hunt I end up working. Guess thats part of life, I will tak vacation soon and Hopefully get a big boy.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:06 AM

Yea I know how it is with work, I have school to. So I hunt in the mornings before school and in the evening after work. Today I got cut off work and im going to hunt a little later. The only crappy part is that its 80 degrees here! [:@]
Old 10-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't hunted since the first day. Too warm plus my walk in with the cast is really tough. I'll do it again however the next two days my wife is off work and is dropping me off at my stand. That's two mornings and two evenings I'll be in the stand. Sunday, no hunting in PA so, I'll be working on the garage. Not sure I'll get out Monday or Tuesday but Tuesday night Kurt is coming back into town so I know I'll be in the tree for another two days. By then I'm hoping my crutches will be gone and I'll like hunt every day.

Good luck guys. We need one on the board and I'm hoping to be the 3rd PA guy with a 140 class buck on the ground.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:35 PM

Well guys I finally got it done I got my Earn a Buck sticker last night by harvesting this fine beautiful doe:

Here's the story:

Originally I was going to hunt the new 80 but when I got over there the wind and stand location just weren't right. So I had to quickly decide where to hunt because I hadn't brought my "run and gun" set with me. After thinking about it for a little bit, I decide to go hunt my ladder stand. This would be the first time that the stand or even that part of the property would be hunted. At 3:30pm I was crossing the alfalfa field to get to my stand hoping not to bump any deer bedded in the woods. By just a little after 4pm I was strapped to the tree and waiting for deer to come by. At about 6pm I heard something walking in the leaves slightly behind me and off to the left. Slowly I turn my head and saw a doe walking towards the field. While watching the doe, I slowly came to my feet and took my bow off the hanger. I was hoping she would work her way toward me but instead she proceeded to enter the field giving me no shot opportunity. While watching the doe on the field edge I hear another deer running down the hill and catch a young deer joining the doe on the field edge. Shortly after I hear slow steady steps in the leaves where the other two deer just came from. A large doe appears from behind some trees and brush. I think about taking the shot then but the window of opportunity is too small as she continues to walk behind some more trees. When she goes behind these trees I take the opportunity to draw my Tomkat back and securelyfind my my anchor points. After the doe takes a couplepast the tree I touch off my release. I see the arrow hit slightlyfurther back then I would have liked but see blood instantly as she takes off. I mentally mark the last place that I see her.Once I nolongersee or hear her I call my brother who is only a couple of miles away working on the farm. I quietly tell him that I just shot a doe and heis stoked and tells me that he will be over as soon as he is done feeding the cows. Around 7pm my brother calls and says thathe is on his way over. I pack up and head down the steps of the ladder as my brother is pulling into the field. I meet him where I think the point of impact is. I look around for the arrow but can't find it. My brother exclaims that he has foundbright red bubbly blood. We follow the blood trail but soon it is getting too dark and we leave to get some lights to continue tracking. After weget our lights we go back to the last spot that we found blood.After going about another 20yds I find my arrow laying on the ground covered in blood and fulling intact. At this point I am pumped. We continueto follow the blood trail and at times it seems to vanish. We can't believe that we haven't foundsince she has lost so much blood. What really dumbfounds us is she starts heading up hill. The only good thing for us is that she really starts pumping the blood out. Finally about 10yds from the edge of the soybean field we find her expired.Even though we waitedfor over an hour, she never even bedded down. We think that she possibly didn't even know she dying and was heading to the soybean field to eat. After closer examination I found that I hit her liver and one lung. After a slow start to the season I am finally privileged to harvest a fine doe which now allows me to pursue and harvest a buck Good luck to you all and most importantly don't take any shortcuts and stay SAFE!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:27 PM

Congrats Wibow, nice doe. Now go out and get that bruiser.
Robs right, we need one on the board, im hunting like every day so hopefully...

Good Luck dudes!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:48 PM

I will be hunting the next five days here. It is way hot here like mid 80's. Hope that it cools down good luck everyone.l
Old 10-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

CONGRATULATIONS Wibowhntr, fantastic....very, very cool. Now, antler, antler antlers...lol Good luck all.

Quick Reply: 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.