Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts  Thread! >

21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Old 09-27-2007, 06:35 PM

Default RE: 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Rob how is the recovery going? wibowhntr how is your hunting going?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I made a post in bowhunting, I'm nut's but I'm going to give it a go on Saturday. I'm hanging another stand tomorrow in the tree I took my buck from last year. It's a Pin Oak with heavy limbs to the bottom. With the right climbing system I can use my arms and good leg and knee and put very little weight on my cast....I think I can do it. We'll see. Worst case, I'll hunt on the ground with the right wind.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:21 AM

Good Luck, hope it works out. Just do not get hurt trying to climb that tree. Hope it is a succesful hunt.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

more bad, if not terrible, news from my doc. i had my surgery yesterday and it seems my shoulder was in worse shape than they expected(big surprise). not only do i have a broken bone and a torn labrum muscle, they removed 3 bone spurs and found 2 torn ligaments as well. he tried to fix the bone,muscle and ligaments. the worst part is that he would not give me a full recovery time. he had originally said 6 weeks, but now says it will be a lot longer than that. what the heck is that supposed to mean. then he said the worst of the worst phrases i could ever hear, "i don't think you will be doing much deer hunting this year' i don't think he knows who he's talking to. i'm pretty determined that i will be hunting come rut time. maybe i can go insane on therapy and make him change his mind. if not. i've been kicking around some ideas. thought about getting one of those bipod deals to hold my bow, put my foot in the grip spot and shoot left handed. it would take a lot of practice but who knows. i go back this morning for a post op visit, i'll let you know if i get anymore news good or bad, not that it could get any worse.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear that PJ. Do your best in PT... They always try and tell you worst case scenarios. I'm sure you will be back for the rut...
Just don't push it... save yourself until the right time.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

well, maybe some good news on the hunting front. i just got off the phone with the dnr and it sounds like i may qualify for a crossbow permit with my shoulder scenario. i have to have my doc fill out a form and then send it in
Old 09-28-2007, 01:38 PM

sorry to hear that PJ, I hope it goes better than the doctor expected. My wife just had a tumor removed from her back (it was attached to the nerves) The doc told her 4 to 6 month recovery time as long as he didn't cut the nerve (if he had to cut the nerve she would never recover). She was walking the day after surgery, and she is back to work after 2 weeks of recovery. She had a follow up visit today and the doc was freaked out. I think he was very proud of himself but a little confused as to why she was doing so well.

Good luck with your recovery, I'll pray for you to have a speedy recovery and a good season. Take Care guy's
Old 09-28-2007, 04:00 PM

Good luck with your recovery Rob, best of luck to you.

They are shutting down half of all government agencies ot midnight on Monday. They are closing all state parks. That means my hunting are will have no DNR present for who knows how long, hope it doesnt last long. I dont want to have my hunt ruined by idiots!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys, I had a great day. Kurt (Q2INWHITETAILS from Team 1) and I hung a stand today and I climbed up in with ease using my good leg, arms, ass and knee. No problems. Tomorrow morning will find me looking at this:

pj, hang in there, where there's a will there's a way.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:18 AM

Good luck and stay safe Rob! Things haven't been going the greatest for me. Haven't been seeing any deer close enough to shoot. I did hunt one of the properties that are in the "Crop Damage Program" yesterday but only for about an hour because I was getting the run around from the other farmer that is in the same program. I talked with the game warden yesterday so I now know that I have their backing when dealing with this farmer. So I will try him again today and see what happens.

Quick Reply: 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.