Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 37-OFFICIAL TEAM CARDIAC ARREST THREAD >

37-OFFICIAL TEAM CARDIAC ARREST THREAD

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

37-OFFICIAL TEAM CARDIAC ARREST THREAD

Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 AM

Default RE: 37-OFFICIAL TEAM 37 THREAD

Thought I would check in again and let everyone know I am still hunting away. I have passed up several little basket racks so far. Had the wife shoot her first deer ever the other night, it was a small 7 point so that was exciting.

The big ones are just starting to really move so this weekend should be great. Saw a 150 or so 10 point at noon just yesterday out on the move.

Good Luck
Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well its down to the last day! My season ends tomorrow, until after Christmas when it comes back in but I seldom go out then.
I let a small 8 walk tonight. He wasas close asfive yds. I saw him last Sat. with the bigger one. I have been putting in some time without much deer encounters. All that time and when it happens it is over in minutes or even seconds! Makes you wonder why we do it. Lol.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, this has been one tough rut for me. Got 40hrs. logged in the stand this week and not a single buck sighting. Don,t see too many being taken either. Been seeing does but no bucks. Been hunting stands where I've always seen bucks in the past. This has sure been one wierd rut for me. Shotgun season starts next weekend too. (I'll be out then & give a report.)Still have late season after that to get one with the bow. Good luck to everone else.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:55 PM

well this has been a rough season for me as well have just seen one buck the was awsome but no matter what i did he would not clear the edge of the wood for a shot but i will be back come tomarrow i have changed the stands around in hopes of getting a shot on him if he tryes to do it again good luck to everyone
Old 11-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 37-OFFICIAL TEAM CARDIAC ARREST THREAD

Well people I lyed. Shot this buck 2nd to the last bay of the hunt. Was hoping for a biggr one. Could have shot a nice 8 pt in Oh but let it walk, have another trip planned in 2 weeks.

My question is I did not take a picture with my Bow. Forgot. What do I do?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sportsfann

Well people I lyed. Shot this buck 2nd to the last bay of the hunt. Was hoping for a biggr one. Could have shot a nice 8 pt in Oh but let it walk, have another trip planned in 2 weeks.

Thats a beauty...whats he score? hopefully he'll count.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Sportsfann

Congrats again on that fine buck man! I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that buck will not count. The same thing happened to a teammate of mine last year and there wasa big debate about it. The rules say that you and your bow must be in the picture, no exceptions.

I know howeasy it could happen. Don't worry about the team pointsthough; thats a very nice buck.

Have you already skinned him out?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:11 PM

BTW, thanks for all the encouraging words guys. Its been one of the best and worst seasons ever. I saw the biggest buck of my life Saturday morning. Actually, very similar to Sportsfann's buck. I've passed on a few decent bucks but I feel I can do better.

Good luck everyone!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Can I still enter a buck, if I were to get another on my next trip? The buck is with a friend in north east Oh. gettingground up into burger.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Read rule #9 in the rules at the top. First buck only I'm afraid.
By the way, it eludes me, why you would not take a picture with your bow! That is an awesome buck and you need good pictures to remember him by. Anyhow congrats on a fine deer anyway.
Not that I will be adding any inches to the total anyway. My season ended on Sat. without even a doe sighting....Good luck to the rest of the team.

Quick Reply: 37-OFFICIAL TEAM CARDIAC ARREST THREAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.