Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread >

23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 AM

Default RE: 23-Official Team 23 Thread

I had 4 bucks walk right up to me with that hat on last year. It was amazing!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Spike

Hey guys! How goes it? Well this last weekend was probably the funnest I've taken part in! Saturday morning I saw 16 deer, 8 bucks. Missed this nice tall 10. He was at40 yards, I bleated, he stopped, looked right at me, I shot and heducked it. Then Saturday evening I shot a doe. Sunday morning I saw 9 deer, 3 bucks and a nubbin. Missed the same buck again from almost the same spot, hit a branch this time. Saw another shooter buck but he was with a doe and wouldn't leave her. It was an exciting weekend to be in the woods! I dont' have classWednesday so I'm going to hustle to get all my homework done so I can get back out there and hopefully sit all day!Forecast says it looks like a good one! Wellhope things are going good guys!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:08 AM

I saw some small bucks on Saturday and they were showing some pre-rut activity but the big boys haven't poked their heads out of the brush just yet to start chasing. The weather is supposed to be marginal all week but I'm going to keep my eye on it and book out of here the minute it looks decent. I got suckered into chasing after some goats that were accessable Friday night but when I woke up within 1000 yds of where they were at nightfall, ready to get after them on Sat. morning they were on top of the next ridge back. They went right when I was hoping they'd work into the wind to the left. That's the way it goes...
Old 11-13-2007, 12:13 PM

Hello...o...o...o. It's a ghost town in here, there's even an echo!

Chased bucks all weekend and finally got up on a horse of a buck yesterday after passing on two smaller forks earlier in the morning. He wasn't the P&Y buck I wanted but he was definitely a huge (body size), mature deer even though his rack was only a 3x2. He came in to 10 yards and busted me drawing on him when he was on the other side of an alder. 2 more steps and I would've had him. I should've waited 'til he was in the clear before I drew but I thought the alder would give me enough cover since he was moving. I guess he didn't get that big by being a fool. Thankfully my survival doesn't depend on how foolish I am...[&:]

I'm taking the day off tomorrow to take the percussion rifle out and put some meat in the freezer since it's the last day to hunt deer within driving distance of town (on the "Road System"). I've got until Dec. 31st anywhere else on the island but racks start to drop about Dec. 10th, hopefully the late rut will keep their headgear on an extra week. I may try flying out over the Thanksgiving weekend.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

heading hom for a week of hunting over thanksgiving break. hopefully i can arrow a nice one.

the chatter on here sure has dropped off, how is everyone else doing...i hate to mention it, but we dont have any points yet...
Old 11-15-2007, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: bassfisherman711

heading hom for a week of hunting over thanksgiving break. hopefully i can arrow a nice one.

the chatter on here sure has dropped off, how is everyone else doing...i hate to mention it, but we dont have any points yet...
Believe me, it's not for lack of trying. I may shift priorities for a while here. I spotted my goat herd back on a mountain where I can access them again. (They had been missing for a couple weeks.) I'll probably be chasing after them the next couple weekends. I'll still try and get my friend to fly out after deer as the weather allows since we either have to fly out or take a boat to access open deer hunting areas for the rest of the year.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:39 PM

definitely not from lack of trying, although the crud I caught from my kid has laid us all low for a week or two. Hopefully this weekend I'll see some action in the woods. Good luck with those goats

Ken
Old 11-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Where's the love, guys?

Well, I know I've been absent from the thread for a bit, but I've been keeping tabs on whats been going on. I've been busy with work and school, not to mention problems in love, but I'm back now and stoked.

Season opens on Tuesday and I'm fired up. I've got the Double Bull in place and my stand from last year hung in the same tree I shot my buck out of last fall. The weather is getting colder and we're hearing reports of snow in the forecast. I've got school from 8:30-9:30 on Tuesday morning, but you can bet the farm I'll be in my blind by 10:30.

Good luck to you guys still out there, hopefully we'll have some points on the board here shortly.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:11 PM

so fellas what do I need to do now. I shot a nice buck. now what
Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Bighunter, first off congrats on the deer get some pics and measure him up. Here is a link(I hope it works) just plug in the numbers and it should do all the work for you. Remember to measure in eights. 4 3/8, 10 5/8 ect. http://www.luckybuck.org/index8824.htmlCan't wait to see some pics.

Paul

Quick Reply: 23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.